Logging in the food diary

Options
Hello!
I usually stay up well past midnight on a consistent basis. Should I stop logging calories at midnight and add anything I eat past midnight on the new day, or should I keep them on the day I was on.

For example: It's Wednesday and I stay up past midnight, therefore now it's technically Thursday. Should I log the apple I ate on Wednesday or Thursday?

Thanks!

Replies

• ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    I think all that matters is that you keep it consistent. I personally start my day when I wake up and end it when I got to bed. I dont worry about whether or not its technically the next day, but I know others do midnight to midnight.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I work nights so I split it usually. I log whatever I eat before midnight as one day and whatever I eat after as another. I'm not sure if it's working until I weigh in so I'll let you know! LOL
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    imho it is not the next day until I go sleep and wake up. i'm not cinderella, my day doesn't end at midnight. so ppppbbbttt to all the clocks in the world.:smile:
  • elinor631
    Options
    Just started. Today is my first full day and I plan to log my food from when I get up to when I go to bed. That makes for a more realistic view of my habits. If I need to change how I eat I can view it more easily if I consider it a late night snack than an early pre-breakfast appetizer ;)

I'm stumbling around figuring out how to set things up. Is there a secret How-to page that everyone on the playground knows about except moi?
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My day starts in the morning and ends when I go to bed for the night even if it is past midnight. If I don't have calories left after my day I don't want to feel tempted to start off 'behind' in the morning
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm stumbling around figuring out how to set things up. Is there a secret How-to page that everyone on the playground knows about except moi?

For me it just took some time been on here for awhile now lmk if you have any questions you can send me a message from my profile if you want. Also the people on the forums have always been helpful to me. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My day starts in the morning and ends when I go to bed for the night even if it is past midnight.

I agree.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't know what time it is. Just do whatever is easiest, calorie consumption over the week is more important to the scale anyway.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    With my job I sometimes don't really ever go to bed and can be up for 48ish hours (with a few short 30-60 min naps here and there) so i go with midnight to midnight. If I went with when I got up to when I went to bed for real it could be a LOT of calories in 1 "day". I think it just depends on your schedule. If you get up at noon every day and go to bed at 3am then i would say all that is one "day".