Ladies only

Options
Hello, I need help with 2 things.

1. I am looking for good/amazing bras. I usually got my bras from VS but after 6 months they where not so good. I figure if I am spending 40+ bucks for a bra it should last longer than 6 months.Price does not matter. I will pay a pretty penny for great support with the girls.

2. I am also planning on getting future bras for my new figure. I want to use it as motivation. So at my smallest I was a 36C 34D which was 145lbs at my biggest I was 38DD 210lbs. So I am trying to figure if I get down to 115/120(goal weight :)) where would my cup size be at. I would like help to figure where I would be bra size. I am thinking around a 34C or a 36B.

Thanks ^-^

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I think as nice as it would be to have a smaller bra laying around for motivation, I would wait until I got to my goal weight to spend good money on new bras. Some women don't see a big difference in their cup size, others have a huge change, so it's hard to say ahead of time where your journey will take you. I'd say bookmark ones you like or think are pretty and use those for motivation - then when you reach your goal, you can go out and find some that fit perfectly.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    There's a place here called "Intimacy" that fits the bra exactly to you and will take it in as you shrink. My good bra was $95. My neighbor had hers for 3-4 yrs, and they took them in and let them out for free as she lost/ gained.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Good luck on guessing what bra size you will end up at... From what I have read/experienced it can be different every time you lose weight as part of it is losing the fatty tissue, but part of it is how much you work on your pecs (muscles under the breast) which can effect cup size.

And as long as I am losing weight I buy cheap bras because they will be the wrong size in 2-3 months anyway.
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    There's a place here called "Intimacy" that fits the bra exactly to you and will take it in as you shrink. My good bra was $95. My neighbor had hers for 3-4 yrs, and they took them in and let them out for free as she lost/ gained.
    Thank you :)
    thanks also to the other ladies also. :)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOBS!
  • Le_Joy
    Options

What state do you live in? Your profile doesn't say and I am not feeling adventuresome enough to go Google Intimacy, who knows what it would come up with!
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    Here is the link http://www.myintimacy.com/
  • Le_Joy
    Options

Thanks!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Some great suggestions!

As far as bra's go, I love Frederick's of Hollywood. Decent priced (especially the sale items, I've gotten bras for 10 bucks!), cute selection, and mine always last me between a year and a year and a half, and I don't let them get very bad before retiring them. They also have great selection for larger breasted women (I'm a 34G but I buy 36F from them) that don't make me feel like I'm 50.
  • angelfish2222
    Options
    Unfortunately, the US system of bra fitting leaves a lot to be desired. Try and go to a store where they will fit you, but before you go google tips for ensuring your bra fits correctly (eg. band is level the whole way around your body, gore is flat to your chest, no spillage out of the cups etc) and don't accept a bra that doesn't feel right. Not all bra fitters deserve that title and they should not pressure you into buying a bra that isn't supporting you correctly.

Also, you'll probably find that your band measurement will shrink, so if you're a 36 now, you may find when you've lost weight that your back size has shrunk to a 30, so bare that in mind. The band should be taking most of the weight of your breasts, not the shoulder straps, so ensure it's snug (and avoid the old fashioned +4 tape measure method, it's outdated.)

I just think that women should be taught at school how to tell if their bra is fitted correctly. A well fitted bra will make you look slimmer & stand taller. *Gets off soap box* ;)
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My favorite place to buy bras is Lane Bryant's Cacique. Rignt now they are doing a buy 2 get 2 free. They are good quality and good support.