Sports Bras issue...Women Only Please

I have a problem with the my sports bras. I have tried severa brasl and I was even sized for one so I knew it fit good. But they have all rubbed underneath my breast leaving a very raw spot that hurts. I usually have to cover it with a huge bandaid until its healed up. I have two other friends that have the same issue and none of us have figured out how to prevent this from happening. I have tried powder, one fried is trying diaper rash ointment, another tried deodorant. Is there anyway to prevent this or is there something that works better?

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    I'm not convinced that these bras fit you properly, this shouldn't be happening. If you are doing running for long periods, then putting on vaseline may help. This happened to me once on a long-distance run and I sent the bra back to marks and got a full refund. In the meantime I suggest leaving it without a plaster as long as possible and using an antiseptic cream xx
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    There is a stick sold at most sports stores called Body Glide.

It's supposed to help with chaffing.. I want to say you put on before you workout and then put the clothes on. I'm not sure though as I've never used it.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    To be honest, I have never found a sports bra that fit right and offered enough support. The only thing that works for me and keeps things in place is to wear one of my regular bras AND a sports bra. Maybe you could try that?
  • Ferbabe
    Ferbabe Posts: 12 Member
    Body Glide will help that problem. You put it on your skin, then put your clothes on and work out,
    The real problem though,m is that these sorts bras do not fit you properly. Tee band of your sports bra should not move around on your skin, It should be snug. I assume that you are well endowed, as that seems to be the pattern I've seen. There are 2 sportsbras that have worked fabulously for my VERY large chested friends (DD) and myself (C). Those are the champion sports bra with the wide straight straps (not racer-back style) and a bra closure back, and the TaTa Tamer from LuLulemon. I heavily reccomend the TaTa Tamer to all of my large chested girlfriends, however if you are bigger than a DD you may not be able to squeeze into it!
    I think the bra style closure makes all the difference! I bet making that simple change would solve your problem.
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/run/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=9713&skuId=3434685&catId=run
    Best of Luck,
    FER
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    There is a stick sold at most sports stores called Body Glide.

It's supposed to help with chaffing.. I want to say you put on before you workout and then put the clothes on. I'm not sure though as I've never used it.

Body Glide works great. I have the same issue on long runs. And, yes, you put it on before you work out, under any area that might rub.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    They sound like the wrong bra for you. Perhaps you could benefit from a sports bra without underwire? Getting a professional fit couldn't hurt either. Good luck.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    The best sports bra I ever used was Shock Absorbers. If you can't find it at a sport store you can buy it through Amazon.com. Excellent support and extremely comfortable.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    This probably sounds weird but how about putting on a light weight singlet then the bra on top, then of course your work out top.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Most definitely the Enell Sports Bra....42D and I can run or do jumping jacks without anything moving at all. It wouldn't be comfortable to wear all day of for 'gentle' exercises like yoga, but it can't be beat for heavier exercise. I even started using it on the eliptical so I wouldn't make a spectacle of myself. I have a black one and I run in it without a shirt for the warmer months. Their website shows women in just the bra at exercise classes in a gym, but I don't know if I'd be that bold. Some sites have them for as low as $52 and they're $66 on the company site. You should also check your local running stores as I found it there - I liked that I could try it on to be sure of the size. Best of luck to you!

http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1
  • I second Ferbabe's vote for the Champion bras (I use the one without underwire). Make sure you get one that fits very snugly. I get the best results when I feel like it's a bit too tight when I first put it on. I'm a full C with a great big engine block 38 ribcage, even at my most trim. The Champion bra fits me very well and the fabric really helps with bounce.

I had a hard time finding my bra on the Champion site, but here's a link to Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/cvxor4m

Best thing is to find the bra that's right for you. It may get expensive and take a long time, but it is worth the effort! Good luck!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I have looked att he champion bras but I tried the largest size they had in the store and it was way way to small. I am currently a DDD in my regular bra that is underwire but my current sports bra is a Glamorise no bounce DD (no underwire) and I also wear a fitted danskin tank top with the built in support overtop my my sports bra. I do find that it mostly rubs on my long runs too. I will check some of these out, the glide and the other suggested bras. Thank you all!!!
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    I really like these (as an example) http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Womens-Seamless-Racerback-Bra-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13787056.

You often need to double up on them but it really keeps you supported and doesn't dig in at all.