Detox systems...do they really work?

Options
Hello All,

I am interested in trying one of those 7 day or 14 day detox systems but and not sure if it's worth trying or spending the money. Just wanted to jump start the new year with a clean system from all of the Holiday gunk! Has any one tried this before? Do the systems work or is it up to the user? Please share any advice or past experience. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Your body has a great built in cleansing system. Just eating whole clean foods (ie:lots of fresh produce) and drinking lots of water will do the same exact thing.
  • Divatime
    Options
    Thank you for responding. Very interesting article!
  • qthompson
    Options
    I did a 21 day detox that was natural and it worked great! If u message me I'll give u the info. I dont think I can post it on here.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I did a 21 day detox that was natural and it worked great! If u message me I'll give u the info. I dont think I can post it on here.
    Someone is always eager to sell you a "detox" system. It's a bunch of hooey. You have a great detox system in your liver and kidneys.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I tried the Jillian Michaels detox once. The only thing it did was make me more conscious of how much water I was drinking because it warned of kidney stones and other harmful side effects if you didn't drink enough water. I didn't notice any positive results. Save your money.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I think doing a natural cleanse is more beneficial. For example, commit yourself to drinking only water and eating only whole foods for at least 3 days. No processed foods.
    A healthy cleanse.
  • Divatime
    Options
    Okay. Thank you! This is all very helpful! I sure was thinking about that Jillian Michaels one...not anymore. :smile:
  • hoopymog
    hoopymog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think doing a natural cleanse is more beneficial. For example, commit yourself to drinking only water and eating only whole foods for at least 3 days. No processed foods.
    A healthy cleanse.

I would agree with Amy, fresh fruit and veg for three days, drink water and/or non-caffinated teas (not decaf) will give you just as good a detox as these detox systems
  • CarryBeth
    CarryBeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I agree that your liver and kidneys are your best detox system, and there's no reason you can't help them in thier task. Look up veggies etc, which hold the correct nutrients. For example guess what Kidney beans are good for? :wink:

I'm not a nutritionist or anything, I got that little tid-bit of info on the web, I know there are herbs you can put in your food that can help and herbal teas too.

Be careful about doing a faddy detox that runs for a long time, I've heard that they can leech you of calcium and other minerals. Most of the packeted varieties just contain laxatives and you may as well just stick to prunes if That's your goal. Lol!

For me, if I want to give my body a break, I cut out alcohol, caffeine and processed foods (and increase the kidney beans. lol).

Is this for a special occasion or is it just a kick-start to the new year?

Happy slimming!
  • Divatime
    Options
    No special occassion. Just a kick start to new year! Thanks again for the adivce! :smile: