Use Kinect for Workout?

Options
Okay the kids got a Kinect for Christmas, and I've spent the last few days breaking a sweat playing "Wipeout" & "Fruit Ninja"...got me thinking I should get an actual excercise game for the thing for those evenings I can't escape to the gym. Any recommendations...? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've only played Zumba, which is fun and a good workout...Amazon usually has reviews...I think there's a Biggest Loser one that would probably be good
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I got a kinnect and your shape evolved. Lots of great workouts. I really like it.
  • swatts7622
    swatts7622 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love biggest loser and dance central 2!
  • I'm not sure if the zumba that is currently in stores is compatible with the kinect. There is a new zumba game that is kinect capable and I believe it comes out in Jan. So make sure to check the boxes to see which one you're getting.
  • KellyLynn91
    KellyLynn91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Central and Dance Central 2! They are a great workout. You can even choose to play on workout mode, which tells you how many calories you have burned.
  • KellyLynn91
    KellyLynn91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love Dance Central and Dance Central 2! They are a great workout. You can even choose to play on workout mode, which tells you how many calories you have burned.
  • lola374
    lola374 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've played the Dance Central games for Kinect and it's awesome. You'll really break a sweat and have fun doing it! Your kids will enjoy it too. Music and dancing for everyone to enjoy; music from the 70's to today.

Just bought Zumba for Kinect, too. Can't wait to play that.

Just wish that MFP had Kinect in their exercise list. :sad: Perhaps a future addition...???

Enjoy your new Kinect!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi, you know actually those Biggest Loser games for Kinect will get you too. Also, if you do a Dance Central game, there are settings there for workout, and even the dances themselves at a higher level will get your heart rate up! Good luck! :)
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Dance Central 2 is what I am currently using. It’s definitely a work out, but it’s also fun! I like having a girl friend over to play it, but I play it by myself also. I definitely recommend it! There is something for everyone in the music also.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i use the kinnect for zumba its great! altho wanting to get the new zumba now as that one is getting quite repetitive! also my OH has a boxing training type game that i will have to have a go at one day
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Kinect, But i exercise on the Wii. I do Just Dance 2 & 3 and Zumba on the Wii daily. IT's Fun! You don't realize that you're actually working out until you're done! :)
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    ive tried zumba on it and just dance 3. Both are alot of fun and make you sweat quite a bit.
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    Anything that is dance related! I use Just Dance 3 on my Wii! The time flys by when you're grooving!
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    I have Biggest Loser - it has different levels and like any workout DVD - it will work you out as hard as the effort you put in. I think it was worth the buy though.....

I'm sure you could get it cheaper through like a used game store like Game Stop (not sure where you are - but that's what we have here)
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Yeah i go on kinect XX
  • laineyy011
    Options
    I use the Biggest Loser game for Kinect. It works for me! :flowerforyou:
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas too.
    I got Your Shape. I am undecided about the new one.
    I want the biggest Loser.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba and Dance Central 2 for my Kinect and have sweated with both and the have workout modes too!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Got a Kinect for Christmas too and got Black Eyed Peas Experience. It kicks my butt daily, but I LOVE it and hardly feel like I am exercising when playing.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Any of the Dance games, they're fun and a great workout. Zumba is awesome too.