Cigar Help

Options
courtclerkkris
courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
I need to buy a "male" gift and the only thing I really know about the gentleman is that he smokes cigars. Can any men out there help me with what I should look for in a cigar that will be given as a gift??? I know ziltch about cigars!

Replies

• skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Contact GorillaNJ on here :smile:
  • courtclerkkris
    Options
    I sent gorillanj a message, thanks for the info. I hope he answers me!
    Thanks again
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Here are some universal favorites:
    Cohiba
    Macanudo
    Partagas

Here is my favorite:
    La Gloria Cubana, Series R

Having said that, everyone is different. I'm sure he will love that you wnet to the trouble, no matter what you pick out.
  • courtclerkkris
    Options
    Thanks Road Dog,
    This will give me something to go by. I live in a small town and we have a grocery store that carries a wide variety of cigars, at least this way I can go in with some names so that I might not look like such a flunky.
    Happy New Year
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that a small town grocery store would have much more than Swisher Sweet, Crooks, Roi Tan or Dutch cigars. Mostly Machine made and lacking.

If you have the time to order them on line, try FamousCigars, JRCigars or ThompsonCigars. They have a better variety; they are less expensive.

Might even have gift certificates, so the person you are buying for can make his or her own choice.

And....if this is someone you are romantically inclined towards, nothing is sexier than having a beautiful girl trim, light and present that cigar to them.

By the way, I had cigars given to me by several people at Christmas, and, while I wouldn't have personally picked out any of the brands they got me, I loved that they thought to get them for me.
  • courtclerkkris
    Options
    Here are some universal favorites:
    Cohiba
    Macanudo
    Partagas

Here is my favorite:
    La Gloria Cubana, Series R

Having said that, everyone is different. I'm sure he will love that you wnet to the trouble, no matter what you pick out.

Well Road Dog for your information the owner of the grocery store happens to enjoy a "Good" cigar himself so therefore he sells them to keep his supply in stock. LOL They even had your favorite, just incase you are ever in podunk town Missouri! I got him your favorite for $4.99 (not sure if that is a bargin) and then the owner's favorite but I got the lighter wrapped one because he said that not all men like the darker wrapped cigars. Thanks for your help I appreciate it!!
  • courtclerkkris
    Options
    And the funny thing this cigar is not for someone that I am romantically invovled with, it is for a man that my mother had begun seeing....and I had to make sure that you weren't from Missouri because he looks a lot like you! He rides a Goldwing and I don't hold that against him as hubbie and I are Harley riders! ;)
  • Michaelbrodsky
    Options
    Arturo Fuentes makes a very good line of cigars. They are moderately expensive but very consistent. Your best bet is to go to a local cigar store, one that has a walk in humidor, and ask the manager for recomendations.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Cohiba are fantastic as are Romeo e Giullietta! :) Most havana cigars or tuscan (toscana) too.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    I am not a man but my man loves Macanudos.... I usually get him a set for Christmas.....and there are usually a variety to choose from
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great choices Dog! My faves are Romeo Y Julieta Exhibicion No.2 and Montecristo Sublimes. Even us ladies like to smoke a great cigar once in a while.
  • brock1978
    Options
    Go to a Smoke Shop and get a Monte Cristo #2.

Thank me later.
  • dcarreno
    Options
    by him a no smoking sticker!! :devil:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great choices Dog! My faves are Romeo Y Julieta Exhibicion No.2 and Montecristo Sublimes. Even us ladies like to smoke a great cigar once in a while.

When I used to smoke, hubby smoked cigars and this same one was my fav. I would have one or two a month. I often wonder if I could get away with smoking a cigar and then not want to smoke cigs anymore. It's been 2 1/2 years, not sure I want to risk it.
  • courtclerkkris
    Options
    by him a no smoking sticker!! :devil:
    I am right there with you.... and I feel like quite a hypocrit with this gift. As I despise smoking, since it took my dad's life. But it is for a person that I know absolutely nothing about other than he does smoke a cigar. I really wanted it to be a gift that he would use and really appreciate and that is about all I could come up with. I thought about the standard generic HIckory Farms summer sausage and cheese gift but I know he got a deer this year and processes his own. So that is out. We live in a very rural community so gift cards for food chains were out. Very limited with my gift choice, so I bit the bullet and am just going to be a hyprocrit with this gift.
    Actually thinking about signing my hubbies name to the tag so that I don't have to feel as guilty! ;)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I hear the one Clinton gave Monica was good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!