To Much Protein?

Options
I have been on MFP for about a week now and I have logged everything I am eating and my exercising I have noticed that I am always over on my protien and not getting enough carbs and fats I am eating alot of turkey and white meat and I was wondering if that is what is doing it.? Anybody have any ideas cause I know they say you need protien but I am always going over the limit on that one Thanks in advance.:smile:

Replies

• kaarens
    kaarens Posts: 27
    Options
    I have been on MFP for about a week now and I have logged everything I am eating and my exercising I have noticed that I am always over on my protien and not getting enough carbs and fats I am eating alot of turkey and white meat and I was wondering if that is what is doing it.? Anybody have any ideas cause I know they say you need protien but I am always going over the limit on that one Thanks in advance.:smile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    There was a post a few days ago about this, and I believe the response was along the lines of not to worry about it because it's ok to go over in protein. Maybe someone else could clarify better.:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Yes, the way the programme is designed, the protein counts are very low. I know that too much protein can over work the kidneys and liver (for example, with a protein diet) but I think if you are getting a reasonable serving with each meal, you should be fine!

I am always slightly over on the fat, and the main fat in my diet is olive oil with cooking, and seeds and nuts. I wouldn't worry too much! You can also go into the "settings" and change your totals.
    Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • braydoherty
    Options
    mine is always over too. I have read that the baisc rule of thumb is average women need .8 g of protein per pound of body weight. Active women need 1g per pound. Everyone is different and only YOU really know what works for you. Try different tweaks to see what works for you. Most important is to stay balanced and not overdo any one type of nutrient.

As long as you are not noticing any health issues or digestion issues, you should be ok. Protein is difficult for the body to digest and pairing it with a carb helps. For example, have fibrous veggies such as dark leafy greens, or brown rice or yam with your protein.