talk about bad luck

So I use to be member of big gym with lots of people and equipment. I would walk treadmill but never push myself. I started running c25k and c210k and got in habit of running outdoors. Joined new gym very small with 3 treadmills and just weights to supplement running. Well I live in Denver and in winter it snows and melts. Unless it is shady on the path then it stays icy for a long time. Makes it hard to run outside. So I go to small gym and treadmills are horrible. One the belt slips especially when a 300 man is on it. And the other I am running 5 minutes in and set it at 8mph and it just stops. 2 or 3 times now it has done this. Really kills my motivation when this happens. Really messes with my head and causes the snowball effect the rest of the night. So from now on ice or snow it is outside running only!!

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Today probably won't be the best day to run - gonna be slushy for sure! It's going to be 60 degrees today!!

...but tomorrow morning will be an ice skating rink when all that melt freezes tonight.

Anyone have suggestions for running shoes made for running in a combination of clear pavement, ice, snow and puddles?

That's Denver in the winter for you. One day sunny, next day cold, next day 12" of fresh snow, repeat. Sometimes all three in the same day.
  • bdylan624
    bdylan624 Posts: 10 Member
    Today probably won't be the best day to run - gonna be slushy for sure! It's going to be 60 degrees today!!

...but tomorrow morning will be an ice skating rink when all that melt freezes tonight.

Anyone have suggestions for running shoes made for running in a combination of clear pavement, ice, snow and puddles?

That's Denver in the winter for you. One day sunny, next day cold, next day 12" of fresh snow, repeat. Sometimes all three in the same day.

It can be 60 and on Bear Creek trail or Sloans Lake there is always that ice patch that you have to stop and walk slowly through. I joined Flex gym off of Colfax and treadmills are terrible, use to go to better bodies but oh well. Where do you run?
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    I live near Cherry Creek trail in area of Monaco & Florida, so I run the trail a lot.

I'll also drive over to Highline Canal trail just south of Hampden & Colorado for long runs in Spring/Summer/Fall (too much shade for Winter).

I like to ride on Platte River trail out to Chatfield in the summer and open water swim in the gravel pond that's just south of the lake in the summer.

My club is JCC on Alemeda - great equipment, fees are quite a bit more than 24hr fitness or the like, but they have towels, soap, aftershave, mouthwash, even Qtips & I can rent a locker annually so I don't have to lug my gear around. They have plenty of equipment, weight room, yoga room, pilates room, gymnasium, indoor pool, spin room, dance studio and stretching room. Outdoor pool is open May to October.