New to site, not to dieting

Options
Hi, all! One of my friends recommended this site to help me get back on track with my dieting. I have gained more weight than I am proud to say over the past few years, and now I need to get healthy again. I took 20 credits a semester to get through college faster, and now I work 2 jobs. I know my problem is not having enough time. I know, I know, "There's always time to work out!" Riiiight. Those people need to teach school from 7:30-3:15 and tutor for the next 4 hours, then come home to their house, which is in need of being cleaned, and cook dinner, and then see how much time is left for working out. Most days, I really can't even spare 30 minutes--not unless I want to give up sleeping or eating. Any other elementary school teachers out there know just how long and relaxing our lunch breaks are, too. :laugh: I would like to start my plan now and work really hard over the summer.

I'm 26 years old. My current weight is 170 lbs, but I want to see 140 again. I am only 5'7" tall, so 170 is too much for me to be healthy. My husband is very supportive, but at the same time, he thinks I am fine the way I am. He also wants to lose some weight.

Replies

• vmkirby
    vmkirby Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, all! One of my friends recommended this site to help me get back on track with my dieting. I have gained more weight than I am proud to say over the past few years, and now I need to get healthy again. I took 20 credits a semester to get through college faster, and now I work 2 jobs. I know my problem is not having enough time. I know, I know, "There's always time to work out!" Riiiight. Those people need to teach school from 7:30-3:15 and tutor for the next 4 hours, then come home to their house, which is in need of being cleaned, and cook dinner, and then see how much time is left for working out. Most days, I really can't even spare 30 minutes--not unless I want to give up sleeping or eating. Any other elementary school teachers out there know just how long and relaxing our lunch breaks are, too. :laugh: I would like to start my plan now and work really hard over the summer.

I'm 26 years old. My current weight is 170 lbs, but I want to see 140 again. I am only 5'7" tall, so 170 is too much for me to be healthy. My husband is very supportive, but at the same time, he thinks I am fine the way I am. He also wants to lose some weight.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I can definitely relate to the busy lifestyle and not having a enough time to breathe. :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • vmkirby
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes and support! :heart:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    V, you're going to be awesome and you know it! If you ever feel down on yourself remember I know where you live. I'll come by and kick your *ss!
  • angelfish
    angelfish Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there! This has been a hard week. my divorce was finalized on monday and my blood sugar was over 500. So today I started on insulin and a new me. :happy: i just hadn't been taking care of myself for the past year. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes over 5 years ago. just got lazy
    i am hoping that writing everything down will help!
  • Filala
    Filala Posts: 7
    Options
    I bought an omron walking style pedometer on Amazon (I think) I just put it in my pocket in the morning and it keeps track of all the steps I take during the day and how many calories are expended. I'm sure you are doing my expercise than you think you are, and you can add them to your exercise log and therefore are able to have a few more calories to eat on your diet.

Good luck : )
  • vmkirby
    Options
    V, you're going to be awesome and you know it! If you ever feel down on yourself remember I know where you live. I'll come by and kick your *ss!

Now THAT's the kind of motivation I need...none of that sweet-talkin' WW stuff. haha