Hello Scale...it's been a long time.

Options
Hello scale...it's been a long time. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! How do these French women do it? Never step on a scale, my *kitten*! Everytine I choose to embrace my curves and shun the scale, I gain a bazillion pounds. Here we go again!

Has anyone been able to shun the dreaded scale and be successful? I tried to go be how my clothes feel...well that DOESN'T work, because I think I was stretching them out! UGH!

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have been using the holes in my belt as a guide for the last month, put a new hole in it last week, all good
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, French women definitely own and use scales
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    DiamondInTheDirt Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lol, when i first lost weight, i was like you...i was on the scale everyday...and i noticed a difference....everyday. Once i gained back the weight, and i did so probably because i didnt count calories, and i had no energy to study because i dont think the whole 1200 calories per day was enough for me...and chances are i was not eating enough. Like i have no idea how much i was eating...just the 3 standard meals. lol. Now im not going to weigh my self...im only going to be seeing a 1lb drop per week...which PROBABLY wont be motivating for me...but the loss of inches will! So i just dont weigh myself...you will get bored eventually, trusts me. i only weigh myself once a month, which is not obsessive. The scale fluctuates due to various reasons...i gain abour 2 lbs when its the time of the month, so i never weigh myself until its over!!
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh, I definitely shunned the scale and have been much more successful. I used to try and weigh at the end of each week but it got frustrating so I quit doing that and focused more on being healthy and trying to improve on what I was doing to reach my weight goal.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was reading last night that Dr. Oz says you need to step on the scale everyday, to regain control of yourself.

So, to scale or not to scale?? That is the question.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I find the scale frustrating! I exercise, stay within my calorie goals get on the scale and Nothing! Now I found my new BFF the tape measure! I still get on the scale once a week, but I find the tapemeasure tells a different more accurate story of what's been going on.