Hello looking for support

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Melissa. I'm 41and am looking for a replacement for weight watchers online. This program is attractive to me because of the support and accountability. Not to mention that it is free.

My ultimate goal is to loose 100 pounds (I currently weight 242) but I am starting with a goal of 63 pounds which will put me at the weight I was in 2004 when I lost a significant amount of weight before putting it back on over the last six years. Honestly, I am more focused on feeling better than a number, but I am goal-oriented and having a number helps. My other goals are to start drinking at least 10 cups of water a day and to get in my 5 servings of fruits and veggies.

I welcome supporters and am committed to being a good supporter myself.

Thanks!

Replies

• Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Good for you! So happy that you're looking to get healthy and looking for support while doing it!!!!

Good luck to ya!
  • 2zsmom
    2zsmom Posts: 10
    Options
    I hear ya! LOL I am doing that whole ww online thing,,,ok not really but still paying for it,,,and while I love their program and it works for me I hate meetings and this is more convient and supportive! so while I will use the program at home I find this is better for support and motivation and fits into my life! feel free to add me!
  • DeanLite
    Options
    Count me in. I also switched from WW online. So far this is just as good and the support and encouragement is better.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

My name is Kathy and feel free to add me for support. I too have been on WW and lost a lot of weight, but find MFP just as successful.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I did WW ten years ago and lost 42 pounds only to see it come back over the last ten years. I'm just getting started on the path to losing it again and am happy to help of I can.