The Over 300 Club

Options

Replies

• caite19
    caite19 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for the kind comments. It's nice to have support in losing weight. :) I'll definitely be coming around here often!

Congratulations everyone on your weight loss :)
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay I have been wanting to join this group forever but haven't because I am at 265 and just under 300 pounds...however, when I started I was 340 and still very much so feel like I am still in the over 300 club...can I join? I don't feel like I belong anywhere else...the black team threads have started to feel exclusive...I am way too heavy to be in the over 200 club...I am not a mom or a P90xer and I'm definitely not a clean eater...you guys are my only hope! :wink:
  • caite19
    Options
    I personally do not see why you couldn't join!

The more the merrier. :)

(I just had to share a moment, I'm really proud of myself, I have eaten less than 1800 calories today...which is big for me... had the sweet tea not beckoned me at work, I would have had a little less than 1500, but oh well, I'm still happy!)
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi everyone this thread is going great.
    amy you are right stillkristi blogs and great.
    brandnewlaura and caite19 welcome you we love it here and with this team. you have insirpations like stillkirsti and 4surethistime and amynvegas and blazin and suthernbelle andleanlioness andso many others and a peek in from stillkirsti friends it's great and a safe place to tell your story or get what you realy need.welcome:flowerforyou:
    I was wondering what is px90,
    Well I weigh in tom and I think I did loss I peekd on saturday I hope even more came off
    I hope everyone had a wonderful day. and congrats to all your loss:happy:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi gang, another long day at work and beyond. I am beat and will prolly head to bed pretty quick. However, I wanted to let you know that between Friday and Today, I only lost an additional pound. However, since my last weigh in, two weeks ago, I had lost something like 12 lbs. So, I have now lost 40 lbs in 3 months. I am really happy about that!

Amy, thanks - you are very kind! :blushing:

MPJS, when you mentioned the inspirational people, you forgot to mention yourself. Your self-confidence seems like it has really grown. Don't sell yourself short!

Laura, welcome! So good to have you with us! I have seen a lot of your posts and I love your attitude! You have lost a lot of weight - GOOD JOB! You will have to share what works for you with us!

Well, everyone as my grandmother used to say, "I am beat like a rug." So off to bed for me!

Oh, 4sure - if I don't see you before the trip, be safe, have fun, and see you when you get home! :happy:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Welcome to the club Laura, it's so great to have you!!

We leave in 2 days, I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!

Everyone's weight-in has been great! Congrats to you all. I have my weigh-in tomorrow so hopefully tom bloatedness won't mess my numbers too bad .

Hope everyonehas a great day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • caite19
    Options
    Hi guys!

Today seems like it is going to be long already. I got my little one down for a nap, and now I'm checking in real quick and updating my breakfast before I finish cleaning. I am now enjoying cleaning because I figure as long as I'm breaking a sweat, I'm exercising! I'm gonna work right now on doing small things for exercise and watching my calories for a couple of weeks, then once I feel I've got my calories taken care of, I'll bring in more exercise. I don't think right now I can handle both at the same time.

Folding clothes and sweeping here I come!!!

By the way, does anyone have any sneaky ways to burn calories, like doing things and not realizing you are burning them, lol? Did that make sense?

BTW, thanks everyone for the welcome!
  • caite19
    Options
    Oh, I forgot!

Do you guys know about Walden Farms NO CALORIES, NO FAT, NO CARBS, NO SUGARS: dressings, sauces, p. butter, jellys, etc.???? I just found them yesterday, and am baffled at why on earth all products are not made like them.
    I tried their shrimp sauce and ranch dressings yesterday, and almost fell out of my chair... they tasted so good. It is hard to believe that they are no cal.

If you haven't , check them out. The website is the name .com.

The walden farms stuff sounds awesome! The closest store to me that carries it is an hour away.
  • 4suredistime
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

Welcome Caite and BNlaura!!! As I tell everyone who joins us, HOPE YOU WILL LOVE IT AS MUCH AS WE DO.
    Everyone here is great and quite supportive. We would love to share with you too.

Indeed BNlaura, I would love to know what has worked for you so far.

Caite, it is ok to work at the pace that works for you and your body. Don't rush into strenuous exercise that you are not used to because others are doing it. The chores you do at home definitely count as exercise, as long as you are not going at a snail pace! :happy: You can do them more vigourously with time and that will help also. Slowly you will build your strength and stamina and you will look forward to exercising. I HATED anything that made me break a sweat. Even chores. I was so lazy I prefered to hire a cleaning crew to come out and clean my house every weekend. I would walk very very slowly so I would not get too tired, and start sweating; I would sit on the floor while my 2 yr old nephew kicked his soccer ball to me and he would also have to run to get it cause I was too lazy to get up. Sad, sad, sad. I would get the mail every so often, cause the mail box seemed to be sooooo far from the house... I practically stopped food shopping because the aisles were too long to walk down... But little by little, I increased my activity level. I started with little things, like using the farthest printer at work; parking farthest from the office door; doing sitting leg raises at my desk; 5 minutes of tae bo or turbo jam; and after 2 weeks I was doing 30 mintues 3 times a week, then week 4, 45 minutes 4-5 times a week; and I added resistance training! Even when I am tired after a long day at work, or have a headache, I don't allow myself to give in to the exhaustion, and always end up feeling much better afterwards. Just as Spyguy said, I have never regretted working out when I am done.
    So you can do this... you will see.

(by the way MPJS Px90 is a beach body total body exercise program, like Turbo Jam, but it is more advanced. Go to beach body .com)

Leanlioness, too bad that you don't like the Walden Farms. I think I have been away from sweets and junk food so much, my taste buds are welcoming the different taste! So far, I am still enjoying them!

StillK, I will have to go check out your blog! It is getting rave reviews here!!!

Suthernbelle! Way to go missy. And don't worry. People will eventually notice, or decide to say something. I think it physically pains certain people to pay a compliment to another!!! Oh well. You, your health, your scale, and your clothes know the deal. And you are indeed doing this for you. It does feel great when "people that count" notice, doesn't it? :wink:

By the way, I am so much happier with my WL this week. Finally made up for my slow days the past 2 wks. I worked hard at it, and thanks to all of you for the thumbs up.

Ok, my break is over... gotta get back to work.

I will surely be checking in during my vacation, cause I will need all the support I can get! The feasts they are preparing back home, have me almost running scared. I think I will sleep in my gym shoes so that the first thing I do in the morning is exercise!!! :bigsmile: But I am tring to keep in mind what Spyguy said, to cut myself some slack on family and special occassions. :explode: I am so scared that I will overdo it though. We shall see...

cheers guys, and have a great day!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    4sure. you need to post more often, that is for sure! :happy: You are so open - AND I think everyone would find a lot of hope in this last post, I loved how you said you started with tae bo or turbo jam and within two weeks you were doing 30 minutes a day 3 days a week! How cool is that!!!!??? These bodies we have are amazing! We can abuse them for literally years, and the minute we treat them well, they start to reward us! I am so grateful for this amazing body of mine that is coming back literally from the brink of disaster!

I did all those same things, parking as close as possible to the store, not even going in if I could not find a close spot. Shopping late at night so I would not have to be seen, going to more expensive, smaller stores rather than the big grocery store because of the length of the aisles. At work, there is a row of parking meters out front with a two hour limit. I always parked there, often getting tickets because I forgot to go out and feed the meter or I ran out of change. Now I park across the street where the parking is free. Its just across the street, but I couldn't bring myself to park there.

By the way, Caite - on the exercise log, in the cardio section you will find light house cleaning! :happy:

Well, everyone, all this motivational stuff makes me want to go exercise! I will catch you later. Safe trip Blaze. Take care!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

You all inspire me so much on this thread. I started my weight loss journey at an all time high of 340 lbs. I am sure it would surprise people especially considering I tried not to let my weight get in the way of doing things. I was too embarassed to say that I couldn't do something because I was too fat. I suffered with aching knees because of the weight I carried around. I am 5' 10" so I have a tall body to spread the weight on which I guess helped me out some. My husband never knew how much I weighed. I guess if he reads thsi thread he will know.

I have lost 44 lbs to date so I guess that makes me an ex Over 300 person and I really never want to be back there again. My husband is a lot lighter than me and even more so since he has lost 52 lbs. He is less than 20 lbs from his goal weight I am still looking at triple figures to lose.

This has been fairly painless so far. I feel better for eating healthy foods and my body is getting used to the exercise on a daily basis. I actually crave exercise now. When I take a day off, I get moody and I feel I am missing something. I have not been perfect at eating all the right things but I feel like I have truly turned my life around. I was at a point where I thought I would always be fat because I had so much to lose and it was too much of an effort. Now I see that the effort is truly worth it and I can't wait to be at a healthy weight.

Thank you all for your openness on here. You have allowed me to be that way as well. Keep looking after yourselves and I wish you all every success in your road to a healthier life
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    stillkristi-what happened at the biggest loser contest (at your job?)? I was rooting for you!!!:smile:

caite-like everyone else has said, cleaning counts! I break out in a sweat sometimes when I'm doing my floors. I absolutley count cleaning!!!

Vicky-congrats on the movement to under 300, that's a wonderful milestone!:flowerforyou: It's great that you and your hubby are doing it together!

4sure-you are leaving in a couple of days, how exciting!!! Please check in during your vacation and let us know how it's going. I just love vacationing!:bigsmile:

Well, I was just checking in, gotta get back to work!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh, and 4sure-CONGRATULATIONS!!!! On that magnificent weight loss this week!!! Inspire me Girl, Inspire Me!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Laura of course you can join us! Nice people like you are always welcome, and like you said there is a big difference between close to 200 and close to 300. Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Caite they gave great advice and I think getting the eating under control first then adding is a great idea. I think sometimes we try to break too many bad habits at once and then we beat ourselves up when we don't succeed. The exercise will come and hey house cleaning is strenuous if you ask me!:wink: Keep at it and do what is comfy for you. (needing to take my own advice here).

It's weird how when I stopped logging eventually everything else I had been doing stopped too. I felt better when I was eating right and so I wanted to walk the extra steps tot he store and the mailbox, etc. I didn't mind the house cleaning as much but as my eating habits backslid so did my other good habits. I am rededicating myself to this and included is learning to love and respect myself. I wore capris to work for the first time in eons.:drinker: I have hated my legs for that long and swore that if I wore them to school all of my students would laugh and point at my cankles... well not a one said anything. No comment at all and since I teach high school that was surprising! I think I have been making excuses for not loving me and they are all me no one else is forcing this self loathing on me. I used to be so self confident and loved me even at 535 pounds but I don't know what happened, slowly my self esteem started slipping until I woke up and one day I was afraid to be me and wanted to hide my body from the world. SO I forced myself to face my fears this morning and wore my new capris. They looked so cute with the new top my sis got me for Christmas and my silver Nike tennis shoes. :bigsmile:
  • loula1076
    loula1076 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm so proud of us! We rock!!! :bigsmile:

My husband is one of those guys that has like the perfect body. He eats anything he wants and doesn't gain a pound. He works a physical job outside so he has big muscles and beautiful tan. Sometimes I feel like he's got to be embarrassed to be seen with me. When I look in the mirror, I still see that 20 year old cutie. But when I see pictures, I have to do a double take. I think, "I remember being there and doing that, but who's that fat girl?" OMG....it's me! I, too, had almost resigned myself to the fact that I would always be fat. I kept trying to fool myself into thinking that I was okay with that. I'M NOT!! I am worth so much more. I deserve to look and feel beautiful and so do all of you! :flowerforyou:

I went out for lunch and ice cream on Mother's Day and kind of felt bad about it. But now after reading some other blogs, I realize there's nothing to feel bad about. We have to live our lives. I'm never going to be perfect, the good Lord has promised that. I just need to strive for perfection and never, ever stop trying. I thank God everyday for keeping me in line. The weight isn't going to come off instantly, I just have to keep working toward my goals. I'm making small goals and big goals. My first goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of May and I'm 7 pounds away. My big goal is to lose 90 pounds by Feb 4, 2010 and I'm only 77 pounds away.

Amy, I totally agree with the capri feeling. I kept telling myself when I lost weight I would buy this or that or get my hair done. Why wait??? I'm worth it now at 290 or 150. We're all worth it!
  • caite19
    Options
    4Sure: Thanks a ton for the advice. I definitely try to work as quick as possible. I'm trying to be more motivated as well.

SuthernBelle: thanks for the thumbs up as well on the cleaning. :smile:

Amy: Thanks for the comment back as well. It's hard to try and do both at the same time for me. Food is my main problem, I am trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies, but in the afternoon I end up feeling like I'm starving and pig out. I have got to get that under control.

Today has been a hard day for me. I kept under my target goal of 2100, but barely. I did an hour of hard cleaning, I scrubbed floors, and I danced for ten minutes with my 25 pound son (whew!), and went for a 15 minute walk.

I did good exercising today, but I've been feeling so hungry.

I ate a balanced day's worth of food, lots of veggies and fruits, but I guess honestly I'm desperate for some of the oreo's on the counter! I know if I ate them I'd feel bad. Because one would end up being two and two would end up being four and so on.

Plus my TOM is coming on.. so I'm edgy and emotional. Strangely since I've gained so much weight, my tom is running on a 6 week schedule and my obgyn says I might have to get a hysterectomy.. I'll be 21 next week, so that's kind of scary to think that I couldn't have anymore kids... my right ovary is completely shut down, and my left is 3/4 of the way blocked with scar tissue. *sigh*

That's just depressing.

I did weigh this morning, (I should have waited til next monday but I couldn't take it!) and I'd lost 2 pounds. I'm willing to bet a lot of that is probably water weight, so I'm not going to stress over that thought, I'll just weigh again next Monday.

Good luck to everyone, thanks tons for all of your kind comments, and have a fantastic night.

xx
    Caitlin
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi everyone - Southernbelle, sorry, didn't say much about the biggest loser contest because they haven't posted any results yet. They promised to post something by Thursday, because they have sort of dropped the ball and some people are losing interest. So, we'll see. I say my biggest competition yesterday and he said his weight loss has stalled. :tongue: :laugh: I am sorry he is stalled, but I am pretty sure I am less sorry than I should be! :laugh:

Caite - hon, sounds like you are going through that early sugar withdrawal. It will take a few days and you will get through it. I switched from soda to crystal light during that time. Now, I pretty much drink water all the time. Are you taking a good multivit? If not, I would really recommend it. That may help some. Also, you may want to try chromium piccolinate (I have no idea how to spell that) it is supposed to help curb our sugar craving. Finally, you mentioned fruit, that should help. And, are you eating 5 to 6 meals a day? I found, especially in those early days, eating small, regular meals was critical to me staying in control of my cravings.

You sound a little down, which is also to be expected with TOM coming and giving up sugar. Its an addiction, and we all suffer some withdrawal when we give it up. You'll get through it. Try re framing your thoughts, when you think something negative like "its probably water weight loss" re frame that. Say to yourself - I just started this weight loss journey, and I have already lost 2 lbs! Wahoo! Don't be beating yourself up so much. You are facing your demons- thats huge! You've started a new lifestyle - HOW BRAVE IS THAT!

I bet you find the new Caitlin is a strong, healthy, beautiful woman - she doesn't get pushed around, and she has taken control of all aspects of her life. She is a great mom for her son!

We are all doing this Caitlin, and we are going to be here with you and for you! You go girl!
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I say my biggest competition yesterday and he said his weight loss has stalled. :tongue: :laugh: I am sorry he is stalled, but I am pretty sure I am less sorry than I should be! :laugh:

:laugh: You're better than me kristi... i'd be bringing him donuts :tongue:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, and thanks so much for the warm welcome! What has worked for me so far is sticking to my calories, a lot of prayer, support from my coworkers and family, and a lot of walking and other exercise that I can do...I lived on walking around my neighborhood and Leslie Sansone DVDs for the first several months of my weight loss...then I moved into some dancing DVDs, some step aerobics, and some other cheap cardio DVDs that I found.

My job had a health fair a week or two ago, and I entered a drawing to win a one month membership to Gold's Gym...and I won! The gym is actually about 45 minutes away from home, but it's in the town that my church is in, so I'm up there a lot during the week and on the weekend anyway...today I went for my first session and was thrilled to see that they have a special section just for women...I did the elliptical for the first time ever...I did some on the treadmill...a stationary bike...and a little bit on a machine called a ArcTrainer that I apparently don't have enough coordination and grace to do effectively...I worked out for an hour and a half and ended up burning 500 calories (which included my calories burned for all the machines I just mentioned plus about 30-40 minutes total of strengh training.) The lady told me that strength training is so important in weight loss because of course muscle burns more calories than fat...

I bought an IPod tonight and am loading it with podcasts from my church's sermons as well as a bunch of upbeat songs so that tomorrow when I get to the gym, I won't get bored...I probably could have worked out longer tonight but because I was getting a little bored and didn't have a magazine or anything to listen to I found it difficult to stay interested in the machines with nothing to do but watch the clock...they have a dry sauna too...definitely looking forward to trying that...though from what I've seen on TV, you go in there with just a towel...not sure how I feel about that...besides the fact that most towels that I have don't fit quite the whole way around me yet...haha! Someday soon...or maybe I'll just invest in a realllllly BIG towel.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes...I've told my Eric about this thread and hope he will join us here soon...his sn on here is big_e, so if he shows up, please give him as warm of a welcome as you all gave me. Thanks!
  • big_e
    big_e Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone, as my Laura mentioned I would love to join your club. My dad died 2 years ago from heart failure due to morbid obesity. Since then I wanted to be healthy and be able to grow old well into my fifties. My dad died at the age of 47 leaving me and my 3 brothers and 2 sisters behind. I do not want to do that to my future family. I walk every other day and in between that I do sit ups/crunches in my Tony Little ab chair. I've lost 41 lbs since September of '08. With the help of friends and family I've been able to be held accountable and I thank God everyday for what he's been doing for me.