Last ditch attempt

Options
Since I had my son two years ago my weight has yo yoed with the rollercoaster our lives have been with his dad leaving us and such. In January this year I suffered a miscarriage and dealt with it trough eating ... needless to say I'm now very unhappy with my body and this is my last attempt to get the body I have dreamed of.

I'm doing London to Brighton bike ride on 21st june
a 5k in September and a 13 miler in October!

So the weight has to go!

Replies

• Angelhales1990
    Angelhales1990 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Since I had my son two years ago my weight has yo yoed with the rollercoaster our lives have been with his dad leaving us and such. In January this year I suffered a miscarriage and dealt with it trough eating ... needless to say I'm now very unhappy with my body and this is my last attempt to get the body I have dreamed of.

I'm doing London to Brighton bike ride on 21st june
    a 5k in September and a 13 miler in October!

So the weight has to go!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Lovely to see someone else is planning to do a bikeathon! I just completed the Woking one last weekend!! that was 30 miles!!! I think its great your doing this so keep up the hard work and it will pay off!!

You will find all the support and motivation here, so good luck!!!!!

:heart: Katherine
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    You have made the right choice in joining this site, you will get plenty of advice and encouragement along the way.

Good luck with the bike ride, have you had to do a lot of training for this? I've just been told about the Glasgow one which is later this month but haven't been on my bike for quite some time.

Let us know how you get on...

Kathleen :happy:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Morning and welcome to MFP!

I am also an emotional eater so I understand you there. I've had 2 miscarriages and it's easy to drown your sorrow in a some cookies or a piece of pie. I feel your pain but be proud of yourself for changing that!

Good luck with the biking. My husband wants me to start biking with him but I'm not a big fan of it. At least, not here in the mountains in WV lol.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Angelhales1990
    Angelhales1990 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies thanks for all the encouragment.

Re the cycle yeah I've been out cycling every chance I get pretty much. I cycled it last year in memory of my grandfather who I lost five years ago this year and when I did it last year I vowed never to do it again so pass as to why I'm being a mug and am doing itagain lol but am looking forward to it alot more this year knowing what to expect makes a huge difference!
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    welcome, and good luck with everything!

remember, we can all do amazing things and so many people have proven that time and time again. i know you can reach your goals, but i must say, please don't make this a "last chance" -- there's no such thing -- do your research, get the support and extra motivation you need, and enjoy a good lifestyle change -- don't give up if it doesn't happen as quickly as you may like -- keep at it until you DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU'RE GONNA DO-- it'll boost your spirits, give you an accomplishment that no one else can take from you, and make you feel better for a long time to come.

best of luck to you... and remember: Rome was not built in a day!