Goodbye MAYO!!!

Options

Replies

• AmberLee2012
    Options
    Jimmy John's does have light mayo in packets, you just have to ask. One mayo packet appears to be 30 calories when I enter it on here. I usually only use one :)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I hate low fat or lite mayo So I ditched it all together and use one wedge of laughing cow cheese galic and herb flavor is awesone on a sandwich or burger!

Also a tasty option!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip light is a great substitute!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I use Hellmans Fat Free Mayo
    One tablespoon is just 15 cals.
    But I prefer mustard.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Log the mayo and move on. And don't cut it out for good. What is tuna without it?
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I started using laughing cow wedges (various flavors) in place of mayo on my sandwiches(normally eat turkey) It replaces the mayo and is the cheese at the same time...all at only 35 calories a wedge! Try it!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sorry to digress...
    But eating at Jimmy John's I would be far less worried about my mayo but to what my money was actually supporting...
    Like exotic game hunts?!

http://www.smilepolitely.com/splog/jimmy_john_is_a_big_man._with_the_photos_to_prove_it/
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I dont like mayo but I've heard avocado gives a similar effect. Lots of oils but good ones.
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    I also just switched from Hellmans to Kraft light mayo with Olive oil.. I would rather have 2 tablespoons of that for a total 90 calories and have a yummy sandwhich that 180 calories worth of Hellmans.. and its really good.. I got the kraft cracked pepper with olive oil.. I could have gotten away with only 1 tablespoon too.. Next time I will try just one.. Hope this helps..
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    tuna...egg salad...chicken salad....all too yummy to give up...I like Helman's light ;)
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like Hellman's/Best Foods light mayo. It's 35 cals per tbsp and has an easy to read ingredients list. They also make one that uses olive oil. I believe it is 45 cals per tbsp and also has a simple ingredients list.

I love mayo... I'll NEVER give it up. LOL

Ditto. Also, it takes as good as the original.
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    I sometimes use Tzatziki Sauce on my sandwiches or to mix chicken salad or the like. I find this very yummy and only 45 calories per 2 Tbsp
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!!!

Just was calculating a sandwich on Jimmy John's website. Mayo kills it!!

Easily adds 200 calories to your sandwich.

I guess mayo is on the "no-go" list from now on! :grumble:

Wow you might want to look around. I found a generic store brand lite mayo with 2g of sugar and 30 calories per tbsp.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's probably been mentioned, but a reasonable amount of mayo isn't that many calories. And you can ask sub places to tone it down or make your own sandwich.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I could never say goodbye to mayo... the Olive Oil mayo is where it's at!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I LOOOVE mayo, so I switched to Hellmann's Low Fat Mayonnaise Dressing, 15 Calories per tbsp.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the same too, but I love mayo :love: . I wonder what people use as a substitute when trying to lessen their caloric intake? Anyone... Sandwiches are just dull without it.

Mash part of an avacado and spread it on your bread. A lot healthier and very yummy :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    No, not the MAYO Clinic...everyone loves the MAYO Clinic:laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!!!

Just was calculating a sandwich on Jimmy John's website. Mayo kills it!!

Easily adds 200 calories to your sandwich.

I guess mayo is on the "no-go" list from now on! :grumble:

Mustard, avocado (watch the calories though), hummus, tomatoes, salsa, sauerkraut, diced cooked or marinated veggies. And even plain you can learn to like, imagine that... can't believe it's me saying that. Wouldn't have a year ago!
    I found a mustard at walmart that is delicious- Great Value all natural southwest spicy mustard and it's good on everything!!!