Looking for a site for a fitness plan

Options
I am wanting to start working out 7 days a week about 1.5 to 2 hours a day, but do not know where to begin. I would like to find a site that will help me figure out the correct fitness plan for myself.

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you have a gym membership going right now, but, most gyms will have a personal trainer there to help guide you....

Because you are looking for an 'individualized' plan - you wont necessarily find a website to do that very easily unfortunately....
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    What type of fitness plan are you looking for? Weights, Cardio?

For weights, a lot of people use bodybuilding.com or a book called the new rules of lifting for women.

I give you fair warning though that 7 days a week for 1.5-2 hrs is a lot.. esp if you've never worked out before. I'd take it slow, so that you don't burn out or wind up injured.
  • Naivea
    Naivea Posts: 22
    Options
    I give you fair warning though that 7 days a week for 1.5-2 hrs is a lot.. esp if you've never worked out before. I'd take it slow, so that you don't burn out or wind up injured.

True true true, I did not think of that.

I am wanting just cardio and a bit of toning exercises to start out. may be just 1 hour a day..

i am just not sure where to begin.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

True true true, I did not think of that.

I am wanting just cardio and a bit of toning exercises to start out. may be just 1 hour a day..

i am just not sure where to begin.

I'd take that hour, and turn it into like 30 minutes.. and go from there.

As far as cardio goes, what do you like to do? Running, walking, dancing? All of those are good cardio options, and don't require much structure.

Weights(or toning) is where you start running into the injury-prone part of things.. esp if you don't have proper form when lifting the weights.

I encourage you to talk to a personal trainer if you belong to a gym. Think hard about what kind of body and fitness goals you want and then go from there.
  • Tracysteele
    Tracysteele Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Start by walking an hour or 90 minutes if you can. Better even if you walk briskly for 30 minutes after three meals or after two meals and as a mid-day/evening activity. Then see if youi can walk farther during those same times--that will be your cardio! Take one 1-hour television show, which has 20 minutes! worth of commercials and use those 20 minutes for weight training during commercials. Alternate upper body one day and lower body another day. Pushups against the kitchen counter, then table, then coffee table, then floor as you get stronger. Bicep and tricep curls using progressively heavier weights (soup cans, milk jugs). Lower body: get up and down off a chair using your leg and butt muscles, walk up and down flights of stairs to do laundry or put things away.....................get the picture? If you can keep this up for 21 days in a row--you've created a new habit! It works! tracy s.
  • Naivea
    Naivea Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've only recently started (6 weeks into this). I'm doing at least 1 hour a day 6 days a week. I've been mainly focusing on cardio but I'm doing some free weights and workout classes too. Very interested to see what everyone else says. So far, 1 hour hasn't been too hard for me and I'm definitely not anywhere close to fit.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start working out 7 days a week about 1.5 to 2 hours a day, but do not know where to begin. I would like to find a site that will help me figure out the correct fitness plan for myself.
    There is much out there.
    I go here:
    http://www.calisthenicexercise.com/
    and here:
    http://extremebodyweightworkouts.com/

My wife likes this for ladies:
    http://www.fitness4her.com/

And here
    http://www.women-workout-routines.com/free-exercise-program.html

Good Luck!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    check out the new rules of lifting for women, it's a good start. Or have a look at the female fitness section on simplyshredded.com.
    Personally, I'd recommend 3 days of weight lifting, and cardio when/ if you feel like it. The 'toned' look you are after comes from having muscles for one, and a low-ish bodyfat % to be able to see the muscles, for another. If you want to lose weight, you'll obviously want to be eating at a calorie deficit, making sure you're getting adequate protein to protect your muscles :)