Fell off but I am back in the saddle

Options
:ohwell: I joined MFP a couple of months ago and it went great for 2 weeks. I lost 8 pounds and was feeling excited. I had some things happen at home and absolutely sabotaged all of that progress and added even more weight. I have been dragging my feet but summer peeks around the corner and I have nothing to wear. I started MFP again yesterday. It was heartbreaking to have to re-enter a start weight because my new start weight is higher than the one I used a couple of months ago. I am only one pound shy of my all time high weight.

Based on my past experience, I know that the tools are here for what I need to accomplish. I am grateful for the help and support that is on this site. It helped me succeed for those two weeks and now I have really made the decision to take control of my life. I am going to find other methods of dealing with outside stresses than food. Good luck to everybody and remember that you don't fail until you quit trying.:happy:

Replies

• dlarson
    dlarson Posts: 20
    Options
    :ohwell: I joined MFP a couple of months ago and it went great for 2 weeks. I lost 8 pounds and was feeling excited. I had some things happen at home and absolutely sabotaged all of that progress and added even more weight. I have been dragging my feet but summer peeks around the corner and I have nothing to wear. I started MFP again yesterday. It was heartbreaking to have to re-enter a start weight because my new start weight is higher than the one I used a couple of months ago. I am only one pound shy of my all time high weight.

Based on my past experience, I know that the tools are here for what I need to accomplish. I am grateful for the help and support that is on this site. It helped me succeed for those two weeks and now I have really made the decision to take control of my life. I am going to find other methods of dealing with outside stresses than food. Good luck to everybody and remember that you don't fail until you quit trying.:happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Get accountable to someone, online, email, in person, on the phone. We will always hit rough spots and be tempted - but if you have someone in particular you can talk to, talk it out instead of eating and suppressing it - it will help.

Your motivation is in a cycle, it will be high, then low, then high - that's just life. The real goal is to have tools for when your motivation is low to keep you on track. That's usually someone else to kick you in the butt. :smile:
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    That's excellent advice and made me realise that, although I'm motivated at the moment - the time is sure to come when I'll need someone to read me the riot act about not giving up. I keep telling myself that, this time, I'm playing the long game. It's probably going to take me another year to reach my ultimate goal . . . so I'm trying to be patient with myself!! A diet buddy is a great idea though - I'm off to chat up my future one today!!! :tongue:

Good luck with your new campaign to get fitter and lighter. We all have to start somewhere, and thankfully those of us who have a lot to lose tend to lose the first bit quite quickly, which is always very encouraging.
  • horstboys5
    horstboys5 Posts: 36
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's ok. You are starting now and that's all that matters. Don't look back and feel guilty. I have found that looking back to our regrets just causes us to repeat them. Develop a new vision of what you will look and feel like on your way to your goal. Don't look back at past failures or beat yourself up over the fact that you momentarily left the site.
    I did the same thing- I loved it for about 2 weeks and then I got tired of being accountable and it took me about 6 weeks and I got away with it for awhile but eventually I gained back my weight loss. I am back here now and the peace that comes with being accountable is so much better than the stress of not knowing how much I've eaten or if I'm gaining weight.
    The support on these boards is incredible. Ask any question and it is answered! But you have to participate in the support as well. If you need support I will be your email buddy- just say the word. God Bless
  • dlarson
    Options
    I need all the email buddies I can get!. :smile: Thank you. I have a niece that joined this week and we are trying to do this together. It would be good to have somebody else I am accountable to as well. This will be my motivation for now.
  • dlarson
    Options
    Thank you everybody. This is what I needed today to get off to a good start.:happy:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    peace that comes with being accountable is so much better than the stress of not knowing how much I've eaten or if I'm gaining weight.

Well said!!!! So true!!!:happy: