Can someone please tell me what gets rid of back fat?

Options
lol...:laugh: okay seriously though:grumble: I am sick to death of these little rolls right below my shoulder blades and right under my bra strap. Is there any exercises that can really target your back area because this is just not cute at all.... :bigsmile: Appreciate all the answers you guys have!! have a happy new years!!:drinker:

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    :angry: c'mon seriously nobody has back fat, or has ever had?
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    lol i saw this and zero-ed in instantly.. im just waiting for someone to post their solution!!!
  • lynzobp
    lynzobp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dnt have solution but i have the problem lol ur not alone come on smart skinnies lets hear some advice
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Since you can't spot reduce, a mixture of cardio and strength training/ body weight exercises will help with that. Especially if you are already at a good body weight, you'll want to do more strength training to build muscle to burn more.
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, you can't spot reduce any part of your body. Basic cardio helps. I've read this many times on different sites. :cry:
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I think that back fat is like belly fat it's about your overall body fat. When you lose more weight you will lose that fat too.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i wish i knew ;) but i think overall weight loss will be the key. and that comes with cardio, strength training, and eating right....
  • sweetpeaz12345
    sweetpeaz12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try swimming, Its one of the best workout you can do. Low Impact on joints and its like a all around body work out. When i was swimming full time i had no back fat. Great fat buster :)
  • mmowbray84
    Options
    Well I have a personal trainer and I told her that i wanted to target my back fat. So this is what she has me doing. Rubber band scapula pull, row machine, lat pulldowns
  • mmowbray84
    Options
    it has mad a big difference
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, you can't spot train. But try adding some back training like lat pull downs, reverse crunches (kind of like those ab machines but bending back at the hips instead of forward.), rows, etc.
    This site is pretty helpfull looking, but use weights that work for you obviously. :happy:
    http://www.ironworkout.com/back_workout.htm
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Reduce your overall bodyfat through calorie deficit and ideally, exercise.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Since you can't spot reduce, a mixture of cardio and strength training/ body weight exercises will help with that. Especially if you are already at a good body weight, you'll want to do more strength training to build muscle to burn more.

^ This. I was told by my cheerleading coach a few years ago that I needed to get rid of my back fat.:noway: I was 15% body fat.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Reduce your overall bodyfat through calorie deficit and ideally, exercise.

^ this
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Strength training helps, but you can't spot reduce. Once i started working my entire body with strength training and eating healthy it definitely decreased. Now I'm trying to lose it again after having my son.
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Moderate Caloric Deficit
    Lift Weights
    Be consistant