Stay at home moms (or dads)

Options
2»

Replies

• kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to lightly active. I am up and down all day, picking up toys, making bottles, changing diapers, doing dishes, vacuuming, running around playing, cooking, giving baths, cleaning up messes, going to the grocery store, lifting my kids, going to the park. I'm definetly not sedentary, and up can't imagine that with that many little ones you are just sitting around all day. Being a mommy is tough business, give yourself some credit! I only have two little ones, so I'm sure you are working much harder than me! Good luck on your journey!
  • Izzywishes
    Options
    I have 5 kids aged from 16 to 3 years old. I set mine to sedentary even through I am always doing jobs like school runs, washing, cleaning, picking up toys etc.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i have 4 kids ages 9,7, 2 and 3 months. i set mine at the lowest level with no activity cause you really dont burn calories until your heart rate is elevated for a good amount of time. doing laundry, dishes, general cleaning and general playing with legos, coloring and other mommy tasks for me dont break a sweat and dont keep my heart rate elevated for very long. mine says 1200 calories should be my intake though i did move it manually to 1500 since i should add 300 calories a day since im breastfeeding so mine is currently at 1500 calores a day.
  • beckyyoungers
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I just joined and I'm trying to choose between lightly active and moderately active. There's no way I'm sedentary, I live in a three story house and am up and down the stairs all day, running errands, walking to/from school, standing while cooking, etc. If I set it to lightly active then I only get 1660 cals/day. That just seems like such a small amount to me. :(

I haven't actually started tracking yet, I'm kicking it all off on New Year's day so I have a couple more days to think about it...

Forgot to add, I have three kids ages 8, 6, and 2.