Anyone else trying to use up their FSA Spending accounts?!

Options
GreenLifeGirl
GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
I am trying to think of things I can use my FSA Flex card during the next two days so I don't lose the money!

What have you done with yours? Would love any specific recommendations!

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I just did this an hour ago. I went to fsastore.com and ordered a bunch of *kitten* I don't need. I guess I would rather have something than give my money away!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options
    Oh! This is good to know. Going to check it out...
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOL nope. Blew through the rest of mine a month ago :) You used to be able to stock up on OTC meds (tylenol, ibuprofen, etc) but this year they changed it to where you need a Rx to use a FSA card to pay for OTC items. Lame. Good luck spending your hard earned money!
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    There's an FSA store?? Totally going to check it out . . .
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just spent all mine today. All 539 I had left. (NO CLUE HOW I HAD SO MUCH LEFT OVER. Never have in the past)

contacts, glasses, contact solution, band-aids. first aid kits, knee brace. to name a few.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    Options
    appreciated the response on my profile wall.....artificial limb, guide dog, etc. very imformative. LOL!

Hhmm...really like the first aid kit idea, knee brace, and bandaids...
  • wiffe
    Options
    If you need a band-aid. I"M the girl to ask. WE have PLENTY. (but I do have an 8 and 5 year old who like htem now) :(
  • wiffe
    Options
    oh and that FSA store site is pretty cool. I saw a few things I didnt know were covered. LIke sunscreen. WIll have to remember that for next year.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    lol yes...I just bought a crap load of contact solution and eye drops.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Double Postttttttt
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I never knew about fsastore.com!!! Would have come in handy last year! This year I have a little under $3 left...I'm okay with losing that, I guess. lol
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I have cancer meds I take so I usually stock up on meds if I have extra money left. Usually dr visits uses up my money. Anything over the counter you can stock up on? (That is allowed)
  • wiffe
    Options
    over the counter isn't allowed anymore without a prescription
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    We can actually use ours until March 15 of the next year before losing it. I blew though mine the first 3 weeks of 2011. It's great having a sick child I guess...:indifferent:
  • Bajankat
    Bajankat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I guess I will lose my 100 plus dollars then because I dont have a card, at least not this year. I blew through the rest of my money but saved those last dollars for the end of the year which now I think I am going to lose. Any ideas on what I can do to use them without a card????
  • Bajankat
    Bajankat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    PHEWWW! I just checked my FSA account and we have a grace period until March 15th. With that said I will use my 100 bucks next week and submit it.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    my company gives us the first three months of the following year to use ours.
  • MACNana2
    MACNana2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mine was all used up by July unfortunately. I increased the amount for 2012.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I had $102.00 left on my card that I thought I was going to lose then I received a medical bill in the mail for $130. I have never been so happy to see bill!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    FSA ?