New to myfitnesspal and looking for support

Options
Hello Everyone - My name is Carrie. I made a goal for 2012 to lose 50 pounds and while this goal was in my head I found this site. I have been asking everyone I know to join this site and become my weight loss friend, however no one has done so yet. Since you can not push friends into losing weight I've decided to ask for your support. I really want to lose weight for a number of reason.

1. Get off medication
2. Joints to feel better
3. Have more energy
4. Look and feel better (my own opinion)

If anyone is looking for weight loss friends or someone to give encouragement, I would like to be that person.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Carrie

Replies

• ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome Carrie.
    feel free to add me if you like
  • cakeluva
    Options
    Hi Carrie,

Welcome, i am new too and hoping to lose 30 lbs. Originally from South Africa i have been in England for 6 yrs and have eaten my way up 4 sizes in the first 3 yrs !! lack of exercise and pure greediness really!! Love this site and would love to make loads of new friends with the same goals. I have back problems and losing weight will help that a lot, as well as the walking (and hopefully running ..in the future)

Lets get thin ladies!! (and gents !! )

Best of luck and here's wishing our 2012 see's us in a whole new wardrobe of smaller clothes!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    welcome to MFP, you can add me if you would like to. I love encouraging and I would love to be your losing buddy. i have 100 pounds to go.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Almost all of my support has been here at this site, though I do know a couple of my MFP friends in real life too. Be sure to log in every day, track your food, get your exercise, and you'll have it in the bag. :)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to losing lots of weight
    I've been taken off 4 of my 8 daily meds (soon to be 5)
    I've started running for the first time at age 57
    I feel and yes, look great (I say in all modesty)
    If I can do this, anybody can
    Feel free to add me, and welcome along on this awesome ride!
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hello! I'm sure that you'll find people to chat to and support you need on here. i joined yesterday and am still finding my feet but the thing I have learnt is that people on this site are extremely friendly and supportive of one another. Good luck with your weight loss. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hello! I'm sure that you'll find people to chat to and support you need on here. i joined yesterday and am still finding my feet but the thing I have learnt is that people on this site are extremely friendly and supportive of one another. Good luck with your weight loss. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • sarahbutalia
    Options
    Would love to support others and become a member of this community x
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I also am new to MFP, I have been logging for awhile just have not made any friends :(