My goals for the New Year.... Whats yours????

Options

Replies

• JenMarie826
    Options
    My main goal by NYE is to be 185! But my goals for 2012 are to get to my goal weight (I'm 187 now and I want to be 135 by summer), stop eating fast food (if my friends/family go to a restaurant and I happen to be with them I will only be allowed healthy choices and I told them all that lol) and I need to start saving more $$$
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    I have so many goals for this new year! Most of them are running related - sub-25 minute 5k, sub-8 minute mile, 5 miles with no rest or walking, and run a half marathon. There's a bunch of other little goals I'd like to reach before the sub-8 minute (like sub-10 minute mile). My 5k time is currently 39 minutes... I'd also like to shed these last 10 pounds!

Happy New Year to all of you! Good luck with all your fitness/health and personal endeavors. And I hope this new year is wonderful for you all.
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To continue walking with Leslie Sansone and start jogging/running when spring rolls along. That's a goal I would like to accomplish since I hate jogging/running (never like it when I was in school).
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I want to squat my body weight and deadlift something like that much. I want to do a pull up (or what I'm thinking in my head is a pull up, but I realize I don't know what a chin up or a dip is, maybe I want to do those too).

I want to run increasingly farther distances and go faster. Currently have a 10K penciled in my calendar. Not sure I want to say goals after that out loud, but I'm thinking them.

I don't give a care in the world what my weight is any more, but I want to fit into the next smallest pants.

I want to unselfconsciously wear the bikini that I've been taking progress photos in in public. Like where there are other people. And I want to look like "hey there's a girl in a bikini" and not "oh dear lord what is she thinking". I do need a tan though.
  • fiercewarrior1
    Options
    To achieve my next goal weight (i.e. lose another 15lbs), and to continue building up my reps in my exercises. Booyha!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I want to reach novice levels for all my lifts including the dreaded power clean.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The other day I decided I WILL do 12 consecutive pull-ups.
    Today, I decided I WILL run a 4:30 marathon.

I just started lifting heavy so I haven't really given those goals a lot of thought, but.... I want more!

I will achieve 16% BF.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My goal is to REACH goal, and to keep up with my workout routine.

Deadlift 365 lbs?!?! Holy s***!
    Lol
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I want to stick to the diet until I lose 20 more lbs....then transition well.
    Get back into spinning and Pilates
    Fit into my old rock climbing belt
    Manage to do all of this while being a good mother
    Support my husband
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I want to lose a pound a week- so 52lbs total this year.
    I want to finish c25k.
    I want to run for one whole hour without stopping.
    I want to do either turbo fire or insanity this year.
    I will do them all!!!
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    1. Lose about 25 more lbs so I can donate a kidney to my husband. :love:
    2. Continue on weight lose journey till I reach my ideal weight. :smile:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have a few goals:

I want to be able to run a 10 min mile. I was VERY close this time last year, fell on the ice in January and ended up with a bulging disc. I struggled all year to better my time - but wasn't able to do so. I gave myself almost 2 months off from the gym (Halloween to January 1) to give my back time to heal. I'm hoping it'll help me achieve this goal (I would like to achieve this by summer 2012)

I want to be able to bench press, squat and deadlift my body weight or more by this time next year. I don't care if I can only do it 1 or 2 times. I just want to be able to do it.

I want to be able to do 100 push ups without stopping

As of right now, I think I want to drop another 10 or so pounds and get myself down around 135lbs.

But, I'm concerned that 135lbs will make me look too thin or sickly. I am willing to gain weight back to where I am now and focus more on fitness goals if I start to lose weight and realize I don't like how I look. OR if I struggle too much to lose OR if I lose the weight, like how I look but find it to be too much of a struggle to maintain that weight. I can easily maintain where I am right now and I refuse to fight my body to maintain a certain weight. I will be happy and content around 145lbs if it means I am comfortable and it is easy to do. I won't struggle.
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1. Track my calories everyday
    2. pass the NCLEX-RN
    3. Find a new job as a registered nurse
    4. work out a minimum of 3 days a week
    5. Lose 30-55lbs
    6. start cooking more
    7. run one more half marathon
    8. go on as many vacations as possible
    9. get pregnant (end of the year)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Haven't really thought about it too much in detail yet, but I'd like to lose the last 10 lbs. I would also like to be able to do some one handed pushups.

Really I just wanna tone up, and build muscle but nothing specific when it comes to #'s of reps or whatever.

I would like to start and finish the insanity program (starting january 2nd first time for me) and maybe do P90X again (this will be round 3 for me)
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    Finish losing the weight. As of this week, I am halfway there.
    Run a half marathon. I got up to a 10k, then I took some time off to let things heal/took a vacation/got sick so I am back at running 3-4 miles. I really just need to bite the bullet and sign up for one.
    And lastly, get pregnant!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My goal for the new year is to join a gym and get physically fit and to lose my last 90 lbs.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    ____
  • GiGi76
    Options
    1) Bench my body weight = ~65kg (I'm at 55kg 1RM now)
    2) Squat 90kg (I'm at around 70kg 1RM now)
    3) Would love a deadlift of 140kg, but I think that'll be the hardest to get (I'm set to try 100kg 1RM next week)

4) Unassisted chin ups for 10+ reps (3 last time I checked)
    5) Unassisted pull ups for 5+ reps (none so far)
    6) Unassisted dips for 10+ reps (none so far)

Great Goals!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    WOW- GIGI you look fantastic!

My goals: Complete my first marathon January 22. And after that settle into a workout cycle that includes running shorter distances (up to 13.1 miles) and lots and lots of toning work for the arms and abs. ESPECIALLY MY ARMS!!!!

Thanks so much!!! Great goals!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    I want to PR in my South Dakota half marathon in June.

I want to cross off another 10 states in my quest to do a half marathon in every state.

And ***breathing heavily and with trepidation*** I may sign up for another full marathon. But for now that's just scary thoughts going through my brain. If I do, I'll want to PR in that as well.

Nice goal!!! Love the idea of a half marathon in 10 different states!!!!