Calorie Burn discretion

Options
Does anyone know a round about difference in actual calories burned vs. the amount MFP calculates? I was just curious....

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    According to my bodybugg, most of my burns have been very close, except for Turbo Fire/Jam, MFP shows a lot more. But for walking, running, cycling, it has been very close.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    According to my bodybugg, most of my burns have been very close, except for Turbo Fire/Jam, MFP shows a lot more. But for walking, running, cycling, it has been very close.

Great to know because I do a lot of walking/jogging lol! Thanks :)
  • jjteddy1982
    Options
    Ihave a HRM timex "ironman" and its very accurate and very close in what MFP calculates
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Ihave a HRM timex "ironman" and its very accurate and very close in what MFP calculates

I used to have a HRM need to find it or buy a new one they are great for calorie counting.
  • ericalyn1721
    Options
    Have you ever heard of FIT BIT...I am thinking about getting one for my birthday. It counts your steps all day and you have a goal that you want to get to.
    check it out here:
    http://www.fitbit.com/
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    According to my HRM, MFP is WAAAAAAAAY off.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    MFP calculation is quite closed to my HRM.
    Except when I wear my HRM, it does motivate me to work out harder.
  • drdump
    Options
    MFP is usually pretty close. I have compared MFP figures with other sites and with what the stationary bike and treadmill meters say.
  • drdump
    Options
    MFP is usually pretty close. I have compared MFP figures with other sites and with what the stationary bike and treadmill meters say.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Thanks Erica!

I need to get another HRM. Mine got lost in our move from NC to HI! They are really good at helping someone push themselves harder and to go longer. God I am so addicted to fitness lol.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, MFP is WAAAAAAAAY off.

This!!! If I run 5 miles, my HRM calculates it at about 450 calories burned, MFP puts me at over 650!!!!!