Coach 2 5k - New Year, New Start.

Options
I tried Couch25k back in September but I didn't stick with it.
I restarted the program yesterday and I would like to talk to people starting around the same time as me, so if any one is up for the challenge feel free to sign up here.

We can post stats, questions, successes etc here and hopefully celebrate our graduation in 9 weeks time.

Who's in?

Replies

• aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    Couch25k is a good program. I never finished the last 2 weeks unfortunately but it has helped me with my asthma/
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    My daughter and I are planning on starting this on the 1 January.. weather permitting as it is pouring with rain.. would love to hear how you go and to be able to let people know how we get on.. :)
  • tashazzz
    Options
    Good luck to you and your daughter!

The last time I attempted couch5k I found Week 1 day 1 the most difficult thing ever, but after that my fitness improved dramatically and so quickly, my first attempt at week 2 day 1 felt so easy!

Yesterday I attempted Week 1 Day 1 and I found it very difficult. My legs felt heavy and I was running short of breath very early on. I didn't enjoy it at all. There were very strong winds beating against me during it which only made it worse, but thankfully I convinced myself to carry on. I'm hoping tomorrow will be easier.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    It's a great program! I finished it last spring, but between moving my daughter out of state, then moving our household I got away from it. If the weather holds here in Iowa, I'd like to start it up again....good luck!
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    Just started it today! Week 1, day 1, felt great! I can't wait to see how much better my running gets as the weeks move on :)
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im planning to start on the 2nd when my new running shoes arrive xx
  • MariaL93
    MariaL93 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have been reading alot about this training program. Starting tomorrow. Add me if you like.
  • tashazzz
    Options
    Can't wait to hear how you all get on! I'm off to do Week 1 Day 2 in an hour or so. Unfortunately I'm not feeling at all motivated so hopefully it's not going to be a real task. Fingers crossed today's easier than my last run!
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday 2nd if anyone wants to add me.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I restarted today after getting to Week 5 in October and letting it slip
    W1 D1 done and dusted, spent today's run focusing on my running style - mid strike first instead of my usual flat foot plod, and what an amazing difference that made.
  • tashazzz
    Options
    Well done Smange
    I finished W1D2 earlier, and it was not easy. I had to stop twice because of shoulder pain. Definitely finding this time a lot harder than the first time I attempted Couch to 5k. I think I may repeat a few days so I'll be fit for W2.
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    I was able to take my treadmill out of all my dad's mess in the garage so I'll be doing the program as well starting next week.
  • mcheslik
    Options
    I started back in October and lapsed a little bit. I have picked back up and I am at Week 5, getting ready for workout 2 today. I have been mostly working on picking up the pace. My jog/run started off very slow, now I am sticking with around a 10 minute mile pace and trying to get that to more around 8, eventually 6. I had some knee problems in the past and it put me out of commission. I started going outside to run recently and the weather is a little tough on the lungs, but it provides a much more realistic environment than sitting in the gym on a treadmill. Those hills are doing wonders for me.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I started it on Wednesday. Doing W1D2 today. W1D1 was ok for me. I didn't feel too winded until the very last rotation. I did get a cramp in my side and my legs were killing me (I was so scared I was going to get a Charlie Horse in my calf that night... I guess all the stretching paid off). Glad to see others are doing it as well. Anyone planning on signing up for a 5K to keep yourselves motivated? I think I might...
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i made it through wk6 day 2 but haven't run in 4 days. I also need to go back to intervals cause i need to up my speed for a military pt test. So i will do it with you. good luck
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 now if that counts :)
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did this back in 2010 and loved it!! I actually started again last night with w1d1 as I hope to do some races in 2012!!
  • bugmobile
    Options
    I am going to start on Sun so please add me!!
  • ewinkelly
    Options
    Me too! I've been planning to start for about 2 years now...

Starting January 2nd!
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    wk3 d1 done yesterday 18:33 for 1.44 miles. Man I can run for 20-25 minutes straight and it takes me 23 minutes to do the 1.5 miles straight through but if i walk 6 minutes in between I can make the 1.5 miles in 19 minutes. wow! I need to be able to do the 1.5 miles in 18:12 for military pt.