Lean Shake for Dinner??

Options
Has anyone tried Lean Shake from GNC?

Many meal replacement shakes including GNC lean shake are either to replace breakfast and/or lunch or to drink after workouts (between meals). I was wondering if it's okay to drink this for DINNER. I eat healthy during the day (while I'm busy at work or on campus), but I tend to over eat at night... :/ I feel that it'd be much helpful if I can replace my dinner with the shake and eat healthy during the day.

So is it okay to drink the shake for dinner? Will I gain more weight if I do this? Will this be less effective?

Thank you.

Julia

Replies

• beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    good question I wonder about this myself. I'm planning to start doing shake for dinner but don't know which one? I hope some one out there has some feed back for us.
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im a swim instructor and i drink them for dinner all the time...when im stuck at the pool, easy on the tummy then a meal !! I Love them
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have a protien shake for dinner regularly. I love it. Its 200 calories, 50 grams of protien, 4 grams of carbs and doesnt leave me feeling bloated before bed.
  • craig61
    Options
    i drink isowhey shakes for breakfast and dinner seem to be loosing weight nicely
  • swtpotatolove
    Options
    Thank you everyone for fast reply! Now, I am not worried about drinking this shake for dinner. :)@beyg I purchased lean shake from GNC because I read good reviews on it. I don't think it has a lot of protein though..

Hmm... I thought of another question while writing this post...

Is there a difference between meal replacement shakes and protein shakes? And is recovery shake part of protein shake?

Thanks again :)!!
  • rla331
    rla331 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the GNC lean shakes for breakfast and lunch almost everyday. If for some reason I have a big lunch instead, then i'll drink one for dinner that night to keep myself on track for the day. I buy the ready to drink shakes in chocolate. The other flavors are good as well, I just prefer the chocolate. They have 25 grams of protein.
  • EileenSipes
    Options
    My whole family has been doing the Isalean shakes from IsAgenix since the summer months. We love them and the program is very flexible. We do the shakes any time of day that is convenient for us.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    thanks Im going to try one of the GNC products I didn't find their lean shake had a good taste but now Im going to try their proteing mix. I'll start tomorrow let's see what happens in a few weeks. Happy New Year to all !!!
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Sorry, but I wouldn't drink my calories for dinner since it's not filling and can leave you wanting to actually eat real food instead of a shake.

Happy New Year
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    as long as you dont go over your calories you wont gain weight.

its supposed to be used for a meal replacement...thats the point...i 've never used them, but my partner has..she gets sick if she eats too early in the morning after waking up..so she makes one of these to take with her to work..she says it helps curb her appetite
  • kaybigs
    Options
    i know EXACTLY what you mean about overeating at night, it seems thats my time when i count up my calories and feel a little splurge (which turns into a BIG splurge sometimes) is "well deserved" but no its not okay!! haha

eat breakfast like a king
    lunch like a prince
    and dinner like a pauper

when i lost weight in early college my biggest help was keeping dinner early and at a minimum. i'm trying gerlinea (a french brand since i'm studying abroad) meal replacements 4 times a week for dinner and seeing if that keeps me satisfied!

good luck hope things work out!