Arms/Back Exercises

Options
I need to work more on my arms and my back... I've been doing weights but they're only 5 lbs each and i dont know any good exercises for working my back... HELP?! :)

Replies

• acampag
    Options
    Circuit @ Urban
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    What is Circuit? lol
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Go to my Facebook fan page at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Training-With-Tonya/231103626354

Look in the photos section. There you will find several workout cards, some of which are specifically for back exercises. If you want to print them, just be sure to save them to your computer so you can print them out as full page pictures to be able to read them.
  • cassblue21
    Options
    Google some good exercises. :)
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bent rows are excellent. Bend over at waist , so your back is parallel withe the floor, and one arm at a time SLOWLY bring a 8 to 15 pound weight to your chest. And lat flies. Sit and lean towards your knees. Then, holding 3 to 5 pound weights in each hand, open your arms like a butterfly. Good luck :)
  • aaronburgess
    aaronburgess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For arms you will want to work biceps and triceps preferably on separate days and generally not on the same day you do back but some exercise back and biceps. I do biceps with bench and triceps when I do shoulders. That is if you have 4 days to work out.

- Biceps are usually addressed with various types of curls.
    - Triceps are usually addressed with extension exercises.

The back is a little tricky with dumbbells since the back contains a lot of muscles and using a barbell is preferable for me. The back is generally neglected by a lot of people.

The general rule is that any exercise in which you are pulling you are using the back. If you are pushing you are usually working the front (chest and shoulders). You might want to start with bent over rows. Pull ups are also helpful for back.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) This is very helpful! :) I am writing exercises in my notebook :D VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!
  • mrsskinny629
    mrsskinny629 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    super mans strengthen your back ... lay on your stomach lift both your arms and legs in the air at the same time.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    Thats a good idea! Thank you :)