New to this site ((waves))

Options
My name is Rhonda! I am a 36 year old Mom and full time student. I started at 312 pounds in Oct and my last weigh in I was 268. My goal weight is 150. I have been doing well but now I am starting to struggle wanting to cheat and just have one cookie. I have no diet buddies here so hope to find a few friends here to lose weight with :)

Replies

• colleen_2012
    Options
    Hello I am new to this as well, I have a similar goal to you in that I want to get to 150 pounds :D if you need any support just say. As for the cookie, when i crave something i go for a walk or have a glass of water or chew an ice cube lol xx
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi Rhonda,

WELCOME (waves back)! I'm Helen, 28 year old mother and wife from New Zealand.

Feel free to add me, I'm always trying to offer my frineds encouragement and hope for the same in return :D

Helen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sometimes, it is okay to eat the cookie.

Love it and log it, and move on.
  • dcarreno
    Options
    having a cookie is not cheating it is just a math equasion one cookie around 120 calories about 10 minutes of cardio 20 minutes of strength etc. I work hard for my cookies when I eat one I am glad that I worked hard to be able to enjoy it and not wish I did not eat one!! be patient it is a life change.. :happy:
  • Valm90
    Valm90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site as well. I am 41 years old. Mother of 2 teenage girls. I had a full hysterectomy 3 years ago and since then I have sowly put on weight. I am currently at 164lbs an looking to get down to 120. I'm only 5'1" so 164 for me is high. I have a good friend that has lost 48lbs using this site since June 2011. I look forward to doing the same.
  • faithoftheheart
    Options
    Thanks for a warm welcome!! My ticker is not resetting it has my starting weight as 268 (which is my weight today) but I started at 312 is it possible to change this? I would rather not eat the cookie lol. I work so hard to be good and feel horrible when the craving wins it's only happened a few times. It's just that recently my cravings have shot through the roof which has surprised me at this point since I have managed to curb them up to this point. I skipped the cookie and got distracted playing on the site woohoo a win!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a warm welcome!! My ticker is not resetting it has my starting weight as 268 (which is my weight today) but I started at 312 is it possible to change this? I would rather not eat the cookie lol. I work so hard to be good and feel horrible when the craving wins it's only happened a few times. It's just that recently my cravings have shot through the roof which has surprised me at this point since I have managed to curb them up to this point. I skipped the cookie and got distracted playing on the site woohoo a win!!

The cravings come-and-go. Welcome to the mental challenge.

To change your ticker or beginning weight, go to MY HOME>Check In> Edit previous entries

Link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit

i think a lot of us have the same goals and the same struggles. i know when i was doing weight watchers i really learned about not depriving myself of the occasional cheat. if i want a cookie, i eat less calories at the next meal. its almost like a budget. if i want new shoes, i have to cut back somewhere else. but if you deprive yourself of too much for too long, you'll go crazy! but if you are wanting that cookie all the time, then thats when some of the other distraction techniques will work. or even just finding a buddy that you know is gonna ask you how you did that day. that is TOTALLY helping me right now!!