Eating whatever you want before the New Year.

Options
I decided to eat whatever I wanted up until the 31st and start back to eating my calorie mark on the 1st. What are your thoughts on this? I have heard negative and positive views, people saying I will fail and not want to eat right, etc.
I know I can handle it that's why I chose to give myself a little break. Today I ate 1235 calories.. I went a whole 35 calories over, not bad at all for splurging. I am not trying to eat everything in site or anything like that.. Thoughts?

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I decided to eat whatever I wanted up until the 31st and start back to eating my calorie mark on the 1st. What are your thoughts on this? I have heard negative and positive views, people saying I will fail and not want to eat right, etc.
    I know I can handle it that's why I chose to give myself a little break. Today I ate 1235 calories.. I went a whole 35 calories over, not bad at all for splurging. I am not trying to eat everything in site or anything like that.. Thoughts?
    No, I allow myself a weekly "free day" for foolishness like that - any more, and I fear I won't be able to stop.

But you're practically starving yourself anyway, so maybe a few good feedings might help your metabolism.

Good luck!
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Had a friend mention that she is combining her allotment for the 31st and the 1st so she doesn't have to watch the clock so carefully.

Personally, I plan to weigh in on New Year's Day so I will be buckling down from here on out.
  • anaranjo39
    Options
    How about eating whatever you want ON new year's eve? I think as long as you don't neglnect your excercise routine and get right back on January 1st at 2:00am, you should be OK. Sometimes you need to give yourself a break so you won't become obsessed with eating light and then give it up all at once and splurge anyway. When I really want a hamburger, I get a Happy Meal and even enjoy the fries. You seem like you've come a long way. Good luck in 2012