Bariatric Surgery????????

Options
I am going to have the Duodenal Switch done in 2012. I have done a lot of research. I am going to do it!

It will to help me and force me to have better portion control. Many people who have had bariatric surgery, say they dont regret having the surgery. Many people say its helped them get over that bump that keeps them from loosing weight. I need just that help to get over the hump. I am loosing just fine. I have talked to my psychologist, my PCP, cardiologist, many family members, and of course WW and MFP buddies about the procedure. They are all encouraging me like mad. We will see how it goes, only time will tell. Im going to wait and see about this as well.

Are there any stories out there that want to share their story? I would love to hear from you. Add me as a friend if you want.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I had lap band in Feb, 2010 and have since lost 90 pounds. What I have lost in inches and sat, I have gained in confidence, stamina, attitude and strength. I feel like I literally have a new outlook ojn life. I thought I was happy before, but really while smiling on the outside, I was insecure and angry on the inside. Now I feel like the two match. Weight loss surgery is not for everyone. It is also NOT an EASY way out. It takes hard work and will power. I have to plan my meals, exercise and water intake every day. Some days I fail, but more days I succeed. Good luck with your procedure. If anyone else has questions about WLS, please feel free to ask, but if you are going to be negative or unsupportive, please keep it to yourself.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    ooops. that was supposed to day feb, 2011!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had lap band surgery in August of 2011 and don't regret it for a minute. I have lost almost 60# and it has been HARD WORK. But, totally worth it. I'm still learning so we could learn together.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I had lap band surgery in June 2010. As of yesterday I have lost 140 pounds. Don't regret a single minute of it.
    Best of Luck to you!
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on Jan 24th 2011. I have lost 149 lbs and feel amazing!! I would do it over in a heartbeat!! As u may know vsg is the first part of ds. I had my stomach removed but didn't change my bowels. Either way I think its great!! Only 15 lbs til goal. Good luck and keep us posted!! Add me!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I had VSG Aug 2011, and I have not looked back since. As said in a previous post, I thought I was happy before, but yes I was angry and bitter. Now I am truly happy, and I could not imagine my life without having done this. I have found new confidence in myself. Good luck and enjoy the journey, just remember not everyone's journey is the same!
  • jallen0347
    Options
    I had the gastric bypass on September 207, I'm down 56 pounds since then and focus on keeping a lean high protein diet.... I started water fitness a little over a month ago and I love it, I will be adding weight training in conjunction next week....
    :smile: