Just got the Nuwave oven!!!

Options
chai_latte
chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
We just bought a nuwave oven and am soooo excited to use it! :) UPS just dropped it off at our door a few mins ago and I have many great vegetarian ideas for baking and dehydrating!!!!

Do you have it and what do you think about it?? What amazing items have you made with it? :)

Replies

• espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love mine.. i cook everything in it... its the best
  • chai_latte
    Options
    just tested out the nuwave oven and made some spicy/masala chickpeas and it turned out so crunchy and amazing!!!

1 can chickpeas washed
    placed it on the pan they provided
    sprayed some olive oil pam spray
    sprinkled cumin powder, chilli powder, salt, pepper etc.
    gave it a shake so it spreads evenly
    stuck it in the Nuwave for about 30 mins (within 15 mins i gave the chickpeas another shake)
    got a great yummy nutritious snack!!!

I'm loving it already :):)
  • RAninja
    Options
    I have had my Nuwave, generic InfraChef version, for a couple months now and LOVE it! I am new to this site as well as changing the way I eat. However, I have been making boneless skinless chicken breast in my InfraChef since the start. Love to make extra grilled chicken to use throughout the week. Just a bit of olive oil and Slap yo Mama cajun seasoning is simple and delicious!
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    Better than having a george foreman griller?
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've been wanting one of these for years. Can you buy them locally? We have a bed bath and beyond here. I wonder if they have one. My only New Year's goal is to try to cook more meals at home and stop all the quick stuff. So this would be a great addition and help to me.
  • chai_latte
    Options
    not sure if you can buy locally, we bought it after calling the ad we saw on tv for it and fell in love ;) they ship it from Illinois, if you're in the US the shipping costs probably won't be as much as what we had to pay from Canada...

hope you get one soon and enjoy healthy cooking :) along with my Nuwave oven, I also got two other items - 1) their version of the magic bullet 2) party mixer/grinder thing we can make icy smoothies/lattes/salsa with

Oh and also, though one thing to watch out for, when you lift up the plastic top to get the food out, watch out for the steam that has been building up from the food inside, it'll come out from under and don't want to hurt yourselves
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You can buy it from Walmart
  • chai_latte
    Options
    Dehydrated some apples with cinnamon and parsnip chips with spices!!!
  • RAninja
    Options
    Would love to know how you did your dehydrated cinnamon apples and how the turned out! I hadn't thought about using it as a dehydrator! Thanks!
  • Niahc
    Options
    The thing cooks the most perfect steak. Just have to flip it once, and it doesn't dry out at all like pan frying.

I also have the cooktop from nuwave, I live in a basement with a very small kitchen and no permit for a full-sized oven. With these two you can have the benefits of a full kitchen without the fire risk or the huge amount of space required
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use mine several times a day, EVERY day. I don't own a microwave or a toaster. I cook almost everything in it, including my morning slice of toast. This thing rocks!!!!! Best thing is no defrosting necessary. Frozen to perfection in less than an hour (for most things.) My current fave to cook in it is EYE of ROUND roasts....lean and tender. So yum. Also veggies "roasted" in this. YUM! In the mornings I do 3 slices of turkey bacon or sausage, and my toast in my nuwave while my eggs I fry on the stove. Sometimes I'll do baked omelets in the nuwave and breakfast cooks while I'm in the shower. I can not recommend the NuWave Oven highly enough. Get one. You'll love it!
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm super jealous. I want one too. :)

(Edited for typo)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I put in a halved spaghetti squash. . .

. . . when it came out it was flip flops.

2037193879-2-kg-minnie-yellow-sandals-flip-flops.jpg
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good for beef jerky. An awesome snack if you are doing low carb or otherwise.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I used mine every day for about a year and a half before it stopped heating. Loved everything about it except for how much space it took up on my little counter lol. Seeing this thread, I think I'm going to have to order a new one now, grr