Wearing a waist trimmer during the 30 day shred

Options
Has anyone tried this? Do you think it might help with losing some extra inches of bloat?

Replies

• brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too :D
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes, they work the women in the old days wore coresets same thing
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear anything that constricts you or your movement during exercise. Good way to get an injury or damage your internal organs.
  • JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually did wear one during 30 day shred.... it didn't constrict my movement at all, but it seemed to help a lot with bloating etc.... but the bad thing about it was that it really makes your stomach sweat... which might be part of it's magic? idk... i bought mine for like 7 dollars though and I'll be doing the Ripped In 30 DVD.. i plan to wear it then.
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I received one for Christmas. Yes it does make you perspire, but I'm willing to accept something that isn't painful that helps reduce water weight. I actually found it to be rather supportive of my back and not really tight or restrictive.
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It doesnt really help with fat loss, but I use one a lot when working out and it seems to help a lot with water weight. It doesnt make the workout harder, just sweat more like the sauna.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    It can help shed a few inches, but it is temporary because its just excess water weight. So if you are looking to temporarily smooth out your figure for a cute dress or something, it can help, but keep in mind its only a temporary "fix" and it will come back. If it doesn't restrict your movement, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to wear it during 30 Day Shred or any workout.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear anything that constricts you or your movement during exercise. Good way to get an injury or damage your internal organs.

I agree with this. When I was bar tending I wore a corset for long periods of time each day and honestly it really hurt. Certain muscles had to over work to make up for the ones that were restricted and it really hindered my breathing.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i got mine two years ago a waist one and those shorts. Unfortunately the shorts are too big now for me and now I have to invest in getting one my size. The only thing I don't like about these things is they do make you sweat but even after taking my off and showering I am still very itchy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? Do you think it might help with losing some extra inches of bloat?
    Waste of time. All it does is reduce water from under the skin. Once you drink water, it returns.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition