trying to do my best

Options
DebraH
DebraH Posts: 5 Member
I everyone, I just heard about this site the other day. I am hoping the comments made by everyone else will inspire me. I am an avid exerciser but I love to eat. I have ran 4, 1/2 marathons and several 5k. My husband and I recently bougth P90X, whick we love but we do not follow the eating plan very well. I would love to hear from others that have done this. I would like to lose 30 lbs.

Replies

• DebraH
    DebraH Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I everyone, I just heard about this site the other day. I am hoping the comments made by everyone else will inspire me. I am an avid exerciser but I love to eat. I have ran 4, 1/2 marathons and several 5k. My husband and I recently bougth P90X, whick we love but we do not follow the eating plan very well. I would love to hear from others that have done this. I would like to lose 30 lbs.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    I also recently purchased P90X but find it hard to find time with work and kids but man are they challenging. lots of fun. There are plenty of P90X threads on here just do a search.
    Good Luck Deb :drinker:
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you - I have been running for the past 3+ years, but still have managed to gain weight, cause I am a foodaholic!!! But this site has helped me a lot. Just being aware of what I put in and logging it makes a big difference. I still like quality stuff, but have learned a lot about portion control! I also eat several times a day, 200-300 cals each time, so I still get to eat what I want. I have always liked healthy foods, but also like other "treats". So more of the first, and less of the latter.
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • hulfordca
    hulfordca Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of p90X. I'm in good shape but I have some pounds to lose and want to take my fitness to the next level. On day Five, my body is definetly getting fatigued. I don't follow the exact meal plans that they have in the book but I changed my Carb and Protein Percentages on this site to calculate how much I should be eating of those based on the p90X suggestions for each month. I'm doing pretty good at meeting those goals. I'm looking forward to see how much my body has changed after 1 month.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: