Low Calorie Meals

Options
I was wondering what are some of the meals you make for low calorie but still feeling full afterwards? I am intrested in trying some new things. All response will be helpful :)

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Meals that include fresh vegetables (for their natural fiber content), no breads, pastas, rice, corn or potatoes (because the body digests these items too fast), fresh meats, and easy on the heavy sauces...

How are you planning your meals right now?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    what helped me was eating less frequently but much larger meals, i genrally eat 1 medium sized meal, 1 large meal and a dessert
  • nixon76k
    Options
    I love eggplant, and feel very full with it. High fiber veggies are definitely the way to go... Fiber is definitely filling. Also, I try to drink water in between bites to slow down my eating... I eat like the world is ending... when you eat slow, you give your body the chance to feel full.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Smoked chicken/turkey breast. Brined first, super moist, flavorful, and low calorie.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    what helped me was eating less frequently but much larger meals, i genrally eat 1 medium sized meal, 1 large meal and a dessert

May I ask, like what?
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I count out 16 reduced fat wheat thins with 2 laughing cow cheese wedges... Filling and tastes really good.... Or you could sub. the wheat thins for veggies and use an extra wedge of laughing cow.
  • Rookie1988
    Options
    My husband and I have a new favorite meal that can be mixed up enough to make a different meal all week. It is Yakisoba Noodles. You can find them in the produce section of any store. They are fresh noodles that come with their own seasoning packets. We happen to love Sweet and Sour and Teriyaki flavors. We add fresh zucchini, peppers, mushrooms (any vegetable you want...or add a package of frozen stir fry vegies). We have tried adding Costco's grilled chicken strips, shrimp and beef strips. Each time we made this meal we have loved it. Each packet of noodles serves 2 and when you add all the vegies it is REALLY filling! Each serving is 210 calories and then you add the calories for the vegies and meat! Good luck!
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    I got the book Hungry Girl's 300 under 300 and I love it! Some of the stuff is a little strange, but there's a TON of cool, delicious recipes. My favourite is the Kung Pao chicken.

I've also found ways to reduce calories by using "light" products (cheeses, yogurt, mayo, ect), using more vegetarian/soy options for things like burgers, breakfast sausage patties, ground beef and meatballs and milk (things that I'm eating in or with other things), and finding super low cal substitutes for carbs such as Shirataki noodles, "Poppers" wafers from Sobey's and 45 calorie bread.

Load up on veggies, use light products and substitutes and you should be good.

If you want, I can give you a copy of some of the meals I make as well as my grocery list, just message me!
  • Rookie1988
    Options
    I love the Sarah Lee Delightful 45cal bread!
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    I love the Sarah Lee Delightful 45cal bread!

I'm in Canada, so I have to use Weight Watchers or Bodywise, but I agree! It's been a lifesaver because sandwichs are SO easy to just make and take.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

May I ask, like what?

like what do i personally eat? my food diary is open if that's what you mean.

i follow the leangains style of intermittent fasting, so i fit all my cals into an 8hr or so window