Aussie bloke trying to shift 100lb

Options
Hey all - my name's Aaron, 25 years old, live in Melbourne, Australia. After a long period of procrastination (and a few failed attempts) I finally decided to get in control of my health 3 weeks ago.

Since then I've started cardio six mornings a week and have completely changed my eating habits. I've lost around 11lb so far, from a high of about 312 (although I was probably even heavier at one point), aiming for an average weight loss of 2lb per week to hopefully get under 200lb by Christmas 2012.

Have been using this site to count calories, very helpful and it would be great to hear from others with a similar story. Cheers!

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hi-ya Aaron! Awesome work so far!

I lost 20 lbs by myself my trying to change my eating habits and working out. I joined MFP to lose that last 10 lbs and found a lot of great people. Feel free to add me, if you don't mind crazy girls. :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is a great site to carry on success. It is mega helpful. I have lost 10lb since the beginning of January and I need to loose about 88 more :). I live in New Zealand. Feel free to add me, my diary is open so you can check out what I eat etc. Good luck!
  • Agean42
    Options
    Hi Aaron,

Have a look at my Transformation pics, I started MFP back in june and have lost 80lbs in 6 months !!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/422853-6-months-transformation-with-pics

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you would like any advice & tips etc to help you towards your goals......... just ask

All the best & Good Luck & Stay Focused !!
  • MattRobinson35
    Options
    I have been on board MFP for 1 month, tracking ALL my food was the key for me, it gave me the feedback on the caloric value, Just having a calory budget lets me eat whatever I want, BUT if I have a meat pie that's half my budget for the day and I get very hungry.

Being able to add my exercise has also helped me to get onto my bicycle more - the "bonus" calories lets me have a few normal foods and still lose weight. I think my stomach is shrinking, I don't want to eat as much now. Snack foods have been a weakness, I am starting to get on top of them now.

By Dec-2012 if you can keep going you should be on your target, 2lb is a high but achievable goal.

I have lost 4.5 kg in December (had a few blowouts over Christmas). I stated at 90kb and am almost halfway to my goal of 80kg. I am looking at my early adult weight of 70kg and wondering if that is possible....

Keep us posted on your progress.

I live in S.E. Melbourne.

Matthew