Friends for 2012 transformation

Options
I haven't formally introduced myself on this site, but have been lurking around doing a lot of reading. I'm looking for a few dedicated friends to join me on my 2012 journey to getting ripped and sexy. I have a fair understanding in nutrition and working out, most of my knowledge is based on the Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon and Martin Berkhan's findings.

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ripped and sexy is my goal too! lol love that you have great info and looking forward to hearing about it. know anything about supplements for girls for body building? do they work and which ones are the best? havent cked out that bodybuilding.com yet but will have to.i dont want huge muscles, but love the way my arms are looking and how fast i am seeing results with lifting more often. thx in advance!
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    ripped and sexy is my goal too! lol love that you have great info and looking forward to hearing about it. know anything about supplements for girls for body building? do they work and which ones are the best? havent cked out that bodybuilding.com yet but will have to.i dont want huge muscles, but love the way my arms are looking and how fast i am seeing results with lifting more often. thx in advance!

The only supplement that comes highly recommended is fish oil, you should be getting about 3 grams (EPA + DHA) a day.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

The only supplement that comes highly recommended is fish oil, you should be getting about 3 grams (EPA + DHA) a day.
    gag a maggot! i have a hard time taking any vitamins at all. usually puke em back up for what ever reason ad that is with food. lol no really meant like whey or fat burner. something like that but i am blonde so gave you the wrong impression of what i was looking for duh
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    welcome mate!

Your aims seem to be similar to mine, I have currently been able to get myself down to around 10.5% body fat, I was going to go lower but I have decided to go more for building some extra lean muscle now, so started that this week. I will be on a much higher calorie diet for a while and then I will cut back in around 4-6 months once I am happy with my gains. And the maintain the my body

Good luck mate
  • Nitachi
    Options

gag a maggot! i have a hard time taking any vitamins at all. usually puke em back up for what ever reason ad that is with food. lol no really meant like whey or fat burner. something like that but i am blonde so gave you the wrong impression of what i was looking for duh

Preferably you would like to meet your daily protein needs through whole foods, not only is it cheaper but it is also a lot more satiating. Though if you do struggle to meet those protein needs then yes a whey protein shake would be a great and convenient way to meet those needs.

As for fat burners, well most of them is loaded with caffeine and you would be better of doing an EC Stack or have a strong cup of black coffee before your workout.
  • Nitachi
    Options
    welcome mate!

Your aims seem to be similar to mine, I have currently been able to get myself down to around 10.5% body fat, I was going to go lower but I have decided to go more for building some extra lean muscle now, so started that this week. I will be on a much higher calorie diet for a while and then I will cut back in around 4-6 months once I am happy with my gains. And the maintain the my body

Good luck mate

Great job mate :) Looking forward to your bulk and final cut.
  • half_marathon
    half_marathon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join you guys. I want to lose 10kg and get some muscle. I'm running my first half marathon in April. I would combine Jen Rankin's and Kathleen Tesori's Cutting Programs from bodybilding.com with "The new rules of lifting for a women", half marathon trainings
    and Insanity/P90X/Tae Bo/Yoga. My goal is to lower my bf% to 15% and get ripped. :)
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, count me in! Would love to be a part of this!
    I started the 12 week transformation Monday. Im using Jen Rankin's program, with a couple of mods.
    Would love to stay in touch to support each other through this journey. :>

half_marathon- i also distance run and am training for a couple of races, did half in Oct, but fell off around Thanksgiving, looking to get back on track!

Good luck everyone!
  • markchamberlain847
    Options
    Hey guys I would love to jump on board......Ive started Insanity again and will do for the next 4 weeks then P90X2 starting Feb 1st need yo lose around 15lbs. would we be great to help with support feel free to add me.

Thanks Mark
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Add me :)))
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Add me :)))