Fat thighs?!

Options
Why wont my thighs get any smaller? LOL sounds crazy but my stomach is pretty flat and all of my jeans do not fit my waist (even with a belt they are big) but still fit my thighs. Any advice?

Replies

• ashlielinn
    Options
    I've heard Apple Bottom jeans are tailored to a body shape like that. I have a similar problem, and people have suggested them to me, but I've never tried them. I am absolutely in love with Old Navy's Rockstar cut jeans. They're insanely comfortable, fit like a glove, and look super cute with boots, heels, and flats! :)
  • melissammundy
    Options
    I've heard Apple Bottom jeans are tailored to a body shape like that. I have a similar problem, and people have suggested them to me, but I've never tried them. I am absolutely in love with Old Navy's Rockstar cut jeans. They're insanely comfortable, fit like a glove, and look super cute with boots, heels, and flats! :)

Im going to the mall this weekend, will try the old navy ones. thanks :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go to Old Navy- Thanks! I've always been (and will always be) a pear.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    The Old Navy Rockstar jeans are actually jeggings. I have a couple pairs and love them. But if you're looking for a more traditional cut denim jean instead of spandex, try their Dreamer jeans. I'm pretty curvy and have, ah, meaty thighs and they fit great.
  • nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love their Dreamer jeans. I also have bigger thighs and butt (lol) and they fit me very well!
  • atiffany1
    Options
    oh angels brand jeans!!! they are very good for curves!! I had always been very skinny, in the legs, but when I gained my weight a lot of it went to my thighs and but, i had the hardest time finding jeans that fit right. But Angels compliments curves really well! you can find them at kohls
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The Old Navy Rockstar jeans are actually jeggings. I have a couple pairs and love them. But if you're looking for a more traditional cut denim jean instead of spandex, try their Dreamer jeans. I'm pretty curvy and have, ah, meaty thighs and they fit great.

Thanks for the clarification! No way would jeggings look good on me - Dreamer - OK
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have to check out Old Navy. Did not go there for ages. Levy is sux. It gives me smiling face.
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they still make them but Gap used to have Curvy jeans...cut fuller through the hips and thighs but smaller in the waist. My daughter loved them because she's built like me...the classic Pear. :smile:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Thx for the old navy tip. I have thunder thighs...
  • rileydi
    rileydi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have big thigs and a big ole' booty too!! I am In LOVE with DKNY jeans!! They are not too expensive...$50. I know it sounds alot but aren't some of Old Navy jeans like $39? And I actually just got a pair on sale at Dillard's last Sat for $35!! I always get the boot-cut style. They just fit me awesomely. Good luck.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oh I know what you mean! the rest of me is nice, but my thighs are STILL disproportionately large (well, my butt too but I like my butt:happy: ) I just avoid jeans:laugh: I've yet to find some that really work and I don't live near an old navy:cry: . But, leggings work wonders!!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    I work for GAP and the Curvy and Sexy Boot cuts are both great options for pear shapes. Old Navy's Rockstar and Dreamer, as already mentioned, also fit that body type well for the most part. Its also important to pay attention to the inseam because jeans that are too long or too short will not fit right because the shape of the leg will be misplaced in relation to your body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Why wont my thighs get any smaller? LOL sounds crazy but my stomach is pretty flat and all of my jeans do not fit my waist (even with a belt they are big) but still fit my thighs. Any advice?
    Stay in calorie deficit. Unfortunately your thighs are due to genetics so you get to blame your parents.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    aren't some of Old Navy jeans like $39?
    Full price, but when they're on sale they're usually $17-29 and then if you tack a coupon code on top of that I've gotten them for as low as $15 before :bigsmile:
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    aren't some of Old Navy jeans like $39?
    Full price, but when they're on sale they're usually $17-29 and then if you tack a coupon code on top of that I've gotten them for as low as $15 before :bigsmile:

Is $39 expensive? Man, I hate you guys and your cheap clothes :P (Although, I didn't hate you quite so much when I was there shopping!!)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I can't wear anything from Old Navy-- the waist is always too big. I have bigger hips/thighs and I go with Lee Comfort Fit jeans from Kohl's; very affordable and they are so flattering.
  • pinkglitterbaby
    Options
    My thighs are always one of the last things to shrink! :grumble: