PLEASE!!!!!

Options
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Please enjoy your celebrations wholeheartedly and PLEASE don't drink and drive! It may seem obvious to get into a nice warm car and save money on a taxi, it might be easy to accept that extra glass of wine when your only concern is the calorie intake but it doesn't stop there. I love the support and the friendships I have here, I'd like to see you all on here again in 2012.

I have personal tradegy experience as a result of a drunk driver so I'm not just preaching without genuine concern.

Have a great evening tomorrow night and I hope 2012 is a year of goals a plenty being reached and love, health, laughter and happiness xx

Replies

• AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yes, please no drinking and driving!! I bet you would feel horrible if you were the cause of a crash that took some poor child's mommy or daddy away...Be considerate of others this New Year's!
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    Prayer for a Happy New Year 2012 to everyone and me and my husband and peace in every home and on the planet.

HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!!!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Absolutely perfect! We need everyone here to help us make 2012 a healthier, happier year!

No drinking and driving! AAA and lots of taxi companies provide rides for those in need! Be smart. Be safe!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Yes, please no drinking and driving!! I bet you would feel horrible if you were the cause of a crash that took some poor child's mommy or daddy away...Be considerate of others this New Year's!

My son was killed by a drunk driver who slid into the side of us nearly 1 year ago. My friend lost her arm when her drunk boyfriend drove her home from Montreux <jazz festival and my friend lost his baby sister 20 years ago on NYD. It ruins lives forever.
  • achief192
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    I hope the 2012 was good for me and my husband too, i'm not working any more and my honey lost he's job on December 3 2011. Need to have a good 2012 for change. Need prayer for us.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    No excuses, folks. Don't drink and drive- and don't ride with anybody who does.Tipsy Tow offered by AAA: You don't have to be a AAA member, from 6pm-6am on New Year's Eve/Day they will take your drunk self and your car home for FREE. Save this number... 1-800-222-4357.

AAA offers this every New Year's!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    No excuses, folks. Don't drink and drive- and don't ride with anybody who does.Tipsy Tow offered by AAA: You don't have to be a AAA member, from 6pm-6am on New Year's Eve/Day they will take your drunk self and your car home for FREE. Save this number... 1-800-222-4357.

thanks Stef! I couldn't remember the name of the program but remember seeing posts for it!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

thanks Stef! I couldn't remember the name of the program but remember seeing posts for it!

That is such a good idea. My husband and I sent emails to our local friends offering to taxi them on NYE since we will be home anyway, it is unsupriisingly hard to get babysitters when they hear about the triplets. Little do they know that its my 4 year old who is the most work! Lol