I need help...

Options
Ugh. :ohwell: I'm starting to get so frustrated and unmotivated. I'm doing ok on counting my calories, but exercising is going dooooown hill fast!
I started off going to the gym 6 days out of the week. I would spend a 1/2 hour walking, 10-15 mins running, 20-30 mins cycling and about 15 mins lifting weights. I was totally into it and had great motivation!
Now, I have no motivation at all to do any type of exercise. :grumble: I didn't go last friday, sat, or sunday. I went monday and then only stayed at the gym for a 1/2 hour (walking) on tuesday and then didn't go at all yesterday. What's my problem?
I try to motivate myself by thinking about "the skinny me" or hanging my old skinny jeans on the outside of my closet door...I've even picked through my old pictures to remind myself of how thin I used to be...nothing is working. :ohwell:

Any advice???

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Ugh. :ohwell: I'm starting to get so frustrated and unmotivated. I'm doing ok on counting my calories, but exercising is going dooooown hill fast!
    I started off going to the gym 6 days out of the week. I would spend a 1/2 hour walking, 10-15 mins running, 20-30 mins cycling and about 15 mins lifting weights. I was totally into it and had great motivation!
    Now, I have no motivation at all to do any type of exercise. :grumble: I didn't go last friday, sat, or sunday. I went monday and then only stayed at the gym for a 1/2 hour (walking) on tuesday and then didn't go at all yesterday. What's my problem?
    I try to motivate myself by thinking about "the skinny me" or hanging my old skinny jeans on the outside of my closet door...I've even picked through my old pictures to remind myself of how thin I used to be...nothing is working. :ohwell:

Any advice???
  • bleem108
    bleem108 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. I just decided the only way to keep going is to just go to the gym even if I don't want to..easier said than done but just do it! and in the long run it will pay off and maybe when you start to see results again you will feel better and more motivated..at least thats what im hoping for. So you can't really make yourself get motivated again but feeling your pants get loose can! My saying I try to live by when im trying to get through something I dont want to do is "do it once,do it right and get it over with." So my best advice which may not be the best is to just go to the gym even if its just walking just get moving and burn some calories =) just don't quit.
  • pacaleco
    pacaleco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try to find a pal that can go to the gym with you.

Try to don`t see the gym club as an obligation... maybe this is keeping you away from gym.

If you are not in the mood to go there, enjoy the warm weather for an outdoor walking.

I take green tea (capsules) to keep me on the go. Gives me lots of energy and it`s doing great for my body because it`s an antioxidant.

Don`t give up!!! :wink:

Best succes for you!

209271.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Options
    I deal with the same sort of thing for different aspects of my life (school, work, fitness). It's weird how we have all the reasons in the world to do something, but something just isn't clicking inside us to be motivated to go and take care of business.

What is keeping you from being motivated? Is it because you haven't seen instant results, or is it maybe because you think in the back of your mind that no matter how much you exercise you will remain in the same shape? Sometimes having negative thoughts like that hovering over you will keep you from doing what you really want to do.

Go get back in those skinny jeans! :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I'm not sure what's keeping me from being motivated. Sometimes I feel like I just can't get past these pounds. I'm stuck in rut right now and I'm not losing weight anymore lol. I'm not sure why either. :ohwell: I lost 5 lbs, gained 1 lb back and now nothing is happening. Does this happen with everyone?
  • SOBAY311
    SOBAY311 Posts: 33
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose weight? I know with me I would work out for 2 weeks and be discouraged by my results. This time around I'm really going to keep steady at it.

Think about how you feel the day after you work out compared to how you feel by not working out. You get all sorts of negative emotions including guilt.

I'm struggling with the same type of motivational problems you are. :smile: