2012 Walking Group??

Options
Anyone wanna have a walking group kinda thing? Like, where we compare distances, paces, or just motivate each other to get out there? I used to work out hard and right now, all I can find the love for is walking. I'm going to pick something else up soon but, I'm just not there yet. Right now, its about waking my dog. We usually do just under four miles but, we used to do ten. Who would be interested?

Replies

• kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • pokagonblonde
    Options
    This is exactly what I need! I used to walk everyday...then I was rear ended in a car accident and stopped walking (because of pain). I'm not completely healed, but I desperately want to get these extra 30 pounds off. Is there a way to somehow instant message each other or something to keep motivated?

Thanks!

Debbie
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of a walking group!! Walking is my passion whether it's walking around the neighborhood. walking in state parks, or doing half marathons. Being outside in the fresh air and sunshine is so therapeutic. I love it. Count me in!

OP, are you thinking of starting a MFP Group for this?
  • JulieJordanScott
    Options
    As a matter of fact, I am going for my first MFP driven walk later today. I would love to be a part of your group!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I dunno what my plan is. I was wondering if anyone would be interested. Lets start a group! And you all are welcome to pm me anytime! I'd even be down for texting if anyone else was. Any ideas for a group name?
  • minni2906
    Options
    I'm in. I'm trying to accomplish 365 miles in 365 days. :)
  • kat_renee
    Options
    Will you send invites to join group?
  • bugmobile
    Options
    I would love to join walking group. I would like to get to more, but I need to start somewhere and I choose walking to start :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I will be doing hard days and easy day workouts. I would love to join a walking group. That will top of the list of my easy day workouts.

Lindsay
  • kat_renee
    Options
    Is someone going to start a group? I'll do it but didn't want to step on any toes. I really like the thought of a walking group because even though I do cardio/strength training, walking/running is something that I want to improve on. :)