New (ish) to MFP, looking for some friends!

Options
Hello all! This is my second time trying out MFP (the first time was over Thanksgiving and, well, I think we all know how that worked out) and I'm looking for some friends for encouragement! I am 22 years old, and need to lose about 60ish pounds...I know what to do, how to do it, and how to do it right, but it's actually doing its the hard problem!

Replies

• enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've added you :)
    Love your piercings also. x
  • LePetiteChou
    Options
    Thank you!

Most people either love them, or absolutely cannot stand them, lol. It's usually a hot debate. :)
  • lamorenabella
    Options
    hello everyone! Yesterday was my first day on MFP. :happy: One of my co-workers told me about the site so i thought i would give it a try. I'm a nice person and love chit chatting and a litte bit of encouragement would be helpful on my weightloss journey! I hope you all have a good day! :)
  • Danielle352
    Options
    Hello,
    I could use some encouragement!!! ( I am sure we all can) I just started day two at the gym! I have to workout due to high blood pressure problems! I am a 26 year old, and doc says I need to lose about 15 to 20 lbs.
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Me too...new and know what to do, but need some buddies! I'm looking forward to getting this DONE!
  • 2BSEXY48
    2BSEXY48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site as well....this site makes it so easy to track your food...its up to you to stick to it! By using MFP, i have learned how to control my portions and the kinds of foods that i eat..and it makes me more aware of what i am eating. My plan for now is fruit , oatmeal, or a slim fast for breakfast, then a lean cuisine and fruit for lunch with water, then a lean cuisine for dinner with 1 to 1.5 cups of my favorite veggies with water . The one thing i allow myself is my large cup of coffee in the morning...now that i cant give up! :) Good luck to you and welcome!
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    This will be my third day on this site. I love it! I was very pleased with the results! Please feel free to add me <3
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! We are a great group of motivators. I hope the second time around works better for you. Feel free to add me as friend and motivator. That goes for all the lovelies on this thread.

May 2012be bring you joy and happiness

Lindsay
  • sdupuis01
    Options
    Hi all... I'm newish to MFP as well... I signed up months ago but never really used it....(although I was still working towards my goal) I would love if any of you would add me for motivation! Nice to know I'm not the only one passing up all that yummy chocolate cake! Yummm! My goal is to lose 45-50 pounds (I've lost 18 already)... I'm 21 years old and decided that it was time to make a change when I saw a pic taken at my birthday in June where I was eating cake and didn't even recognize myself (I looked like a cow) ... Well thanks for reading and looking forward to the requests :)
  • passionatemom
    passionatemom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Shannon. I set up MFP a few months ago but I'm just now using it. So, far I love it. I can come on here and see actually want I'm eating, how many calories, water etc. I think this is going to be a wonderful tool.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ah well I have a few myself, I did have my septum done in the past as well but I took it out when I got a really bad sinus infection one year (unrelated to the piercing obviously, but it was very uncomfortable!) I toy with the idea of getting it re-pierced regularly :)
  • Lili_160
    Options
    HI!! THis is my first time on this site my trainer told me about it ....Am been trying to lose weight now for a while and i have a great trainer that helps me but it nice to hear from others who are going through the same things. and get some ideas also......:smile:
  • passionatemom
    passionatemom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all... I'm newish to MFP as well... I signed up months ago but never really used it....(although I was still working towards my goal) I would love if any of you would add me for motivation! Nice to know I'm not the only one passing up all that yummy chocolate cake! Yummm! My goal is to lose 45-50 pounds (I've lost 18 already)... I'm 21 years old and decided that it was time to make a change when I saw a pic taken at my birthday in June where I was eating cake and didn't even recognize myself (I looked like a cow) ... Well thanks for reading and looking forward to the requests :)

I can relate to the picture taking. That's when I realized just what I look like and how overweight I am... I'm going to start taking pictures of my progress for motivation... Good luck to you.: )
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have been here for a few months but somehow haven't really made that many friends, so it would be nice to have someone to be motivated with.
  • ViMeza
    ViMeza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I tried this once before and it was working well i am going to do this again and stick to it.. i was losing and feeling better about myself but I stopped thinking I could do it on my own.. NOT... so I am here again.. I am hoping for the support of new friends with the same goals as me.. so here we go my first day for a better feeling and healthier new me.. Wishing everyone a great NEW YEAR!!!!

13987276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sdupuis01
    Options

I can relate to the picture taking. That's when I realized just what I look like and how overweight I am... I'm going to start taking pictures of my progress for motivation... Good luck to you.: )
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Added you! Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

anyone else is welcome to add as well, new friends are always welcome!
  • sdupuis01
    Options
    I am going to start taking pictures to track progress as well... I wish I would have taken pictures when I first started but I realllllly didn't want to see them lol
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i joined MFP last year but haven't been active (or dieting) for the last 8 months so i'm starting over again. Anyone is free to friend me :) my first time doing this was great and i received (and gave) a lot of support and encouragement. Here's to a great 2012 :drinker:
  • MandieBellie
    MandieBellie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new too. Just started yesterday. I was hesitant to start as I am still nursing my 8mo old. But I figure I can add extra calories and start getting into a good habit now before I start weaning in 4 months. I did WW before expecting my daughter and this site is very similar to that. Excited!!