A Race a Month in 2012

Options
So who's in? I have decided that one of my fitness goals for 2012 is to sign up and run at least one race each and every month of 2012. It can be a 1 mile, 5k, 10k, half and for some...the marathon.

I am super excited because it keeps me motivated when I have a race to look forward to and a fun challenge too!

So my 1st race is New Years Day, a 5k!

We can motivate each other though all the races and post our results :)

Always looking for friend request sand add in your request that you are joining the "A race a month in 2012" and I'll help support you too!

Replies

• zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    love your objective!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to do this, but it does get pretty darn expensive rather quickly :/ I limit myself to three races a year (a half, a full marathon, and one smaller race for fun!) Chicago area races seem pricey!

My schedule:

Shamrock Shuffle (8K) March
    Chicagoland Spring Marathon (half marathon) May
    Chicago Marathon (full) October

I'd love to do more, and perhaps I'd consider adding a smaller race that was reasonable (maybe a turkey trot?) but we'll see!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a newbie to running, but I've been bitten by the bug LOL

For 2012 so far I'm planning:

January: Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland
    March: L.A. Marathon 5k or 10K (I haven't decided)
    May: Pasadena Half-Marathon (or the 5k or 10K)
    November: Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon at Disneyworld.

Feel free to friend me!
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It does get pricey but I don't pay for a gym membership and its to bettter me, mentally and physically!!!

So far these are my races for 2012-I'm looking into some new ones and some oldies but goodies too!

Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8k March 25th, 2012

First Midwest bank Southwest Half Marathon on May 6th,2012(my 1st half...YIKES!)
  • linnea213
    Options
    I just started running last year too. I did the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8k last April and it whipped my butt, much heavier and just plain out of shape but i did it. I finished it in over an hour and by May 16th I took a vow to get in shape, lose weight and don't ever look back. So here I am down 45lbs and since August have completed the following races-
    August 27th, Giving Back 5k
    September 17th Mad Dash to Madison 5k
    October 23rd frank Lloyd Wright 5k run
    October 29th Monster dash 5k
    November 12th Chicago's Perfect 10 10k
    November 24th Running for Kicks 4 mile Turkey Trot
    December 17th Jingle Bell Run 5k

So I guess I have already been doing at least one race a month. So I'm going to keep on going... hope you join me

See you at the finish line :)
  • linnea213
    Options
    Cannot find a January race in Chicagoland area except for the weekend I'll ber away...Ugh!

I'm still searching but in the meantime signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle 8k 3/25/12 and the 1st Midwest Bank SW Half Marathon 5/6/12.

10 more races to find! :)
  • linnea213
    Options
    Ok added these races-

April 14th Rockdale Ramblin 10k
    July 19th Sundowner 5k
    November 11th red eye run 8k

Plan on running the Mad Dash to Madison 5k with my 10 yr old again in September and the Jingle Bell Run(for Arthritis Foundation and my Mom :)) in December so that leaves me with January, February, June, August and September.

This has been kinda fun researching all these races going on in the Chicagoland area. I never knew so many existed. I'm trying new ones and sticking to a few of my favorites from last year.