I surprised myself!

Options
I just had to share because I am so proud of myself! I just had lunch with a couple of friends at a pub, which we all know is notorious for bad - but tasty - food, yet I managed to order a spinach salad with dressing on the side!!! I can't even tell you the pride that I felt when I ordered it. Very proud of me right now! I know it's only day 2 of eating right, but I'm off to a great start and feeling really good about it. :smile:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. It is hard to make the right choices when presented with bad-for-you delicious foods.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It will only get easier! :) Congratulations!
  • skyguy747
    skyguy747 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Embrace your inner strength!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I have yet to make healthy choices at restaurants. I either avoid eating out or if I do eat out, I go extra hard w/ exercise. I need to do what you're doing!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That's the way it's done!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ashjen1217
    ashjen1217 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the high-fives! Headed to the grocery store now - hope my resolve is just as strong...
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job! Each little step puts you that much closer. And every time you say "No" it gets that much easier to just keep doing it. ;)
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the high-fives! Headed to the grocery store now - hope my resolve is just as strong...

Congrats to you! Make sure you take a shopping list; I find that junk food mysteriously falls into my shopping cart unless I have a piece of paper to prove it isn't supposed to be there.:tongue:

If you're looking for healthy stuff to try, you might want to check out the Fage 0% greek yogurt (I just ate the blueberry acai). It's yummy and can help combat the craving for sweets. Happy shopping!
  • ashjen1217
    ashjen1217 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Went grocery shopping - with a list - and stuck to it! It was hard though I admit because I was a little hungry and it was right before dinner. Not smart, I know. Got through it though with flying colors! Yay me! The hard part was not swinging into McDonald's which is right beside my grocery store :grumble: but I didn't succumb to the temptation!!