Hungry at the same time EVERY day?

Options
Hey, everyone! I have been dealing with this, and I'm not sure if it's psychological, or if I really am hungry!

Every morning at 10:00 my stomach starts rumbling, and I'm hungry! I drink plenty of water (over 64 ounces) and it doesn't matter if I eat breakfast at 7, 8 or even 9, My tummy still starts rumbling at 10!

Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight as to why this may happen? I want to break this cycle, because obviously I shouldn't be hungry if I am eating a good breakfast every morning!

I would love to hear your advice/comments!

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound weird, but if you're not the sensitive morning tummy type, have a steak or a burger for breakfast and see if that gets rid of the mid-morning hunger issue.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Open your diary!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....what do you eat for breakfast?
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Mine is at 5:15. I dont normally eat a snack after lunch at by 5:15 I feel like I am starving.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When I am working, I have breakfast around 6 - 6:30am and then I have a snack around 10:30. Depending on what you had for breakfast, you could need more food. Also, what are you doing at this time of the day? Something you don't really care to do?
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    What do you have for breakfast? If I have lots of carbs (like cereal, toast, etc) then I'm starving by around 10 as well. I go for yoghurt or eggs now instead.
  • clanb
    clanb Posts: 1
    Options
    If I work out in the morning eat breakfast(around 350 cal) by 10am on the dot Im ready to top the tank off. I will have something around 100 cal around then if I have time like a banana, apple, orange sometimes a healthy bar around 150 cal but if its 11am or so I wait for lunch url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]12811933.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat later at night and later in the morning. That could be why. It could just be the way your wired.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    The trick to not being hungry is having a good amount of protein and fat in the morning.
    Protein should hit between 20g and 40g.
    It takes hours for the body to process this.
    The fats are good like cream cheese, avocados, nuts etc...
    For carbs you want to skip simple carbs like just eating fruit instead opting for complex carbs.
    Steel cut oats are tops on my list as well as whole grain bagels or english muffins.
    This gives you lasting fuel, level insulin/blood sugar and something to feed the muscles like protein.
  • naecarter
    naecarter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My diary isn't up to date. I have just recently started tracking regularly again. For breakfast, I'll usually have oatmeal and a glass of milk and a banana. If I'm in a rush and can't eat until later at work, it's usually a granola bar and a boiled egg or string cheese and some sort of fruit. I try to make sure it's a combo of protein and carbs.
  • naecarter
    naecarter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you, helloitsdan! I think I will start aiming for more protein. My oatmeal is usually the instant type, so it's been processed.

I appreciate your insight, and will definitely boost the protein in the morning...see if that will help.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Buy a jug of Optimum Nutrition whey and drink a scoop of that in milk or water.
    Its 23g protein and will keep you full as well as feeding your lean muscle tissue.

I buy mine from Vitamin Shoppe because they have the best prices.