2 bites??

Options
So we are accountable on here but how accountable?? For example, I went to Chipotle today (mmmm) was good and got the salad without all the yummy fixings but did have two bites of my boyfriends burrito. Now do I track that? If so how? Would you?? Just curious.

Replies

• ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    Yes, just to be honest with myself
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    if you really wanna track it, enter it and change the serving size to 1/10 or whatever makes sense for two bites. You could always just leave it be. Up to you how serious you wanna take it.

Good luck to you!

6921816.png
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Of course! If I had something, I would track it.

What exactly was in the burrito? What type of wrap was it? How big were the bites in comparison to the burrito itself (I imagine it was cut in half perhaps?)

I firmly believe everything you decide to eat should be tracked.. otherwise your whole day is not accurate.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating a burrito from Chipotle myself!

This is totally up to you. If you feel like you should track it then I would recommend quick adding calories (probably eyeballing the total number of calories will work). However, as long as you don't take 2 bites of EVERYTHING then I would personally feel OK not tracking it. There is quite a bit of variation in calorie counting/tracking anyway that a few bites here and there will only create a miniscule difference.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I would say do 100 jumping jacks and call it a wash. :laugh:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. But I always have leftover calories in the day, so I don't worry too much about it.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I track it as a fraction of the food serving depending on how much I had. You would be surprised over the course of a week what a few bites here and there add up to.
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :wink:

I was going to do something similar and take an afternoon walk since today isnt a workout day for me!
  • stephl81
    Options
    I just finished eating a burrito from Chipotle myself!

This is totally up to you. If you feel like you should track it then I would recommend quick adding calories (probably eyeballing the total number of calories will work). However, as long as you don't take 2 bites of EVERYTHING then I would personally feel OK not tracking it. There is quite a bit of variation in calorie counting/tracking anyway that a few bites here and there will only create a miniscule difference.

mmmm isnt it yummy!!!?? I was thinking of quick adding like 50-100 calories because it had ALL the fixings. My BF eats like a king!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I go ahead and add it. Might as well be honest, its the little stuff we forget about that makes us think we were doing okay and then wonder why we don't see progress! :o) Can you tell I've been a rationalizer? :wink:

Which makes me think....I have been sick, and those cough drops I've used have calories in them, but... I didn't record them.... :grumble:
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    For something like that I wouldn't track. If it was like 2 cookies then yes, but a couple bites, no. Chances are you burned the calories from those couple bites by throwing your trash out and walking back to the car to leave.
  • stephl81
    Options
    :ohwell:
    Of course! If I had something, I would track it.

What exactly was in the burrito? What type of wrap was it? How big were the bites in comparison to the burrito itself (I imagine it was cut in half perhaps?)

I firmly believe everything you decide to eat should be tracked.. otherwise your whole day is not accurate.
    It was a steak burrito with black beans, guac, sour cream, rice, cheese and it was HUGE! I had two rather large bites.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

This is pretty much my way of thinking too. I try to be pretty diligent about tracking but if I forget a bit or two here or there, it's no biggee. There are all kinds of little activities I do during the day that I figure counteract little things like that.
    For example, last night, I had some of hubby's popcorn and didn't remember it until about noon today - I'm not going back and tracking it because I figure all those times I walked up and down the stairs and the 15 minutes I spent cleaning up the kitchen and living room probably burned about as many calories as that little bit of popcorn was worth.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Quick add 100 to be safe if you are worried about it but I really wouldn't worry if it was a one off. 2 Bite is not going to throw a lb round your waist so don't sweat it! :smile:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie: I ate some candy from my coworkers candy dish over two or three days earlier this week and I didn't log it. I'm gonna go flog myself when I get home like that dude in DaVinci Code.

Seriously, if you're feeling guilty, take a 20 minute walk in the mall and you can confidently say that you've burned off the calories from 2 bites. Just don't stop for the free samples or it's another 20 minutes!
  • tifmarie9
    tifmarie9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BLT's count!!!! LOL. (bites, licks and tastes). :-)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    ok great not you got me thinking about Chipotle. ugh!!! hahahaha