Help..

Options
proverbs31chick
proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
I am in my first month of this lifestyle change, and I am getting frustrated with the foods. I feel stuck on chicken and fish. I saw a cooking show "Cook yourself thin" when I went on their website you have to pay a monthly fee of about $17 to get their low cal recipes. I need get a cookbook, I saw a weight watchers cookbook in Borders, there were so many cookbooks with low calorie foods that I was overwhelmed. I need some advice can anyone help??

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    Options
    I am in my first month of this lifestyle change, and I am getting frustrated with the foods. I feel stuck on chicken and fish. I saw a cooking show "Cook yourself thin" when I went on their website you have to pay a monthly fee of about $17 to get their low cal recipes. I need get a cookbook, I saw a weight watchers cookbook in Borders, there were so many cookbooks with low calorie foods that I was overwhelmed. I need some advice can anyone help??
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i heard that the hungry girl cook books were really good. they have low cal ways to cook the foods you love! ... haven't picked one up yet but you can go to the website and get a daily recipe and look at past ones for now until you can pick up the book. hungrygirl.com :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Thanks
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my "Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of 30 Minute Meals" it gives you the calorie counts for everything and each meal takes 30 mins or less to prepare which is SO handy! There's more than 450 recipes in it and I've been cooking from it for a year without repeating one single dish so far! They also give you dishes for every meat you can think of which adds some nice variety!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You can buy the "cook yourself thin" cookbook at either amazon or barnes&Noble for about $18
  • mrwatson
    mrwatson Posts: 66
    Options

Are you sure you were on the right website??? The recipes from the actual show are free at
    http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes . You can even watch full episodes of the show. I tried the sweet and sour pork last night and it was pretty good.

I hope to try the french toast sundaes soon. When reading the recipe, I was a little confused so I will probably watch the episode to double check whether or not anything gets mixed in with the ricotta.

Maybe after we try some of the recipes from the show, we will get the idea on what substitutions to make for other meals.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the pizza from the show tonight!