My first NSV!! turned out to be S-related. Oh the irony! :)

Options
So I went for my annual checkup this morning, and for the very first time I can remember I had zero sense of drudgery when it was time for me to step on the scale. No hesistation whatsoever. No quick thoughts trying to justify the inevitable disappointment. No thinking "well, that's not my regular scale." Today, getting weighed at the doctor's office was routine and basic, as emotionless as when the nurse checks my height. This non-feeling was one of the greatest feelings ever!

And then, it get's better from there. I was three pounds below my scale at home and at the gym. But yes, I know, that's not my regular scale. :) Don't worry. I'm not counting it.

Oh, now the real big news! According to my doctor's chart, I weigh 23 pounds less than my last visit in July 2010. So, consider this a non-scale victory inspired by the scale, plus a scale victory as well. Double victory! Happy New Year everyone!!

Replies

• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I remember when I was pregnant I started to refuse to face the scale when I got weighed, it was so depressing (I gained a LOT). I hated that damn doctor's office scale. Good for you!
  • shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    WOW! U sually the docotrs office scales weighs heavier by 2-4 pounds. WTG!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    New here. What's NSV? I'm guessing the S = scale. (new scale visit?)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    New here. What's NSV? I'm guessing the S = scale. (new scale visit?)

Non-Scale Victory. And welcome! :)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV!!! Way to go, killer! Don't stop now!!!
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What an awesome accomplishment - WTG!
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's awesome! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So I went for my annual checkup this morning, and for the very first time I can remember I had zero sense of drudgery when it was time for me to step on the scale. No hesistation whatsoever. No quick thoughts trying to justify the inevitable disappointment. No thinking "well, that's not my regular scale." Today, getting weighed at the doctor's office was routine and basic, as emotionless as when the nurse checks my height. This non-feeling was one of the greatest feelings ever!

And then, it get's better from there. I was three pounds below my scale at home and at the gym. But yes, I know, that's not my regular scale. :) Don't worry. I'm not counting it.

Oh, now the real big news! According to my doctor's chart, I weigh 23 pounds less than my last visit in July 2010. So, consider this a non-scale victory inspired by the scale, plus a scale victory as well. Double victory! Happy New Year everyone!!

Completely off-topic, but I read the 'double victory!" in the "Double rainbow!" voice :laugh:
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    That was an awesome NSV :)
  • jamja
    Options
  • jamja
    Options
  • jamja
    Options
    I guess I really meant it...it posted three times.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!