How much would you pay for a House Cleaning Service?

Options
How much would you pay for a House Cleaning Service?

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    ten dollars a room.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I pay $60 a week for my $2,100 sq ft house, it's cleaning only, no laundry.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I pay 85 dollars a week. This includes 2 bedrooms, playroom, 2 bathrooms, living/dining/kitchen, and family room. That is about the going rate for my location in central mass.

no laundry/windows
  • monica208
    Options
    i think it depends on where you live and size of your house... in nj my mom charges around 85-100 depending on size
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It usually depends on if it's a 1x service, or weekly, bimonthly or monthly... and the size of house/mess. A 1x full clean for a 3-4 bdrm house around here runs $200-$250 - more if the cleaner is doing a full cleanout (removing trash/debris, etc.). A weekly or biweekly cleaning service is about $100-120.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    I wouldn't pay for a house cleaning service but if I was the one cleaning I probably wouldn't take less than $9.00 and I'd probably do it mostly free for older folks just cause I love em'. Is that too cheap? idk I like cleaning and organizing.
  • sal22408
    Options
    i would pay ANY amount ...unfortunately my husband will NOT. hahaha. My house is almost 5000 sq ft and i have to clean it all by myself!! Every Saturday thats what this girl is doing ...it takes all day and there are only 3 of us living in it.
    I definitely try and look at it as my work out for the day and will skip my regular workout on the weekend in lieu of this :) So there is one advantage!

I would love to have someone come in and at least help me but im so anal. I had a regular housekeeper once and i was the girl who would clean before she came...because God forbid my house was a mess - wouldnt want her to think we were pigs...lol.
    guess thats why the dh thought it a waste of money. *sighs*
  • sal22408
    Options
    I wouldn't pay for a house cleaning service but if I was the one cleaning I probably wouldn't take less than $9.00 and I'd probably do it mostly free for older folks just cause I love em'. Is that too cheap? idk I like cleaning and organizing.

where do you live?>???
    I hope its fredericksburg va!!! lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I do my own cleaning, but we looked into having someone come in and do our floors every other week (we have 2,400 sq ft. of tile flooring with white grout (eek!)). It was going to cost about $100 per visit for floors, countertops, dusting, and other cleaning (not including laundry or pet cleaning).
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    NOTHING! I love cleaning. It gets me up & moving.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I AM the house cleaning service, lol. I'd so be fired if I did this for pay. I hate it.
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    $100 for 5 hours... or about $20 an hour
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am abscessed with cleaning. I go to my friends house and clean there houses and always help the elderly. Don't forget to bake food for them and anyone you see that might need it :)
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with cleaning. I go to my friends house and clean there houses and always help the elderly. Don't forget to bake food for them and anyone you see that might need it :)
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I pay $90 for 1x/month...used to be $80 a visit for 2x/month but the extra money now helps offset the cost of my pilates classes. If I'm going to work full time AND find time to exercise someone is going to clean my house for me dammit (at least part of the time!). :smile:
  • dcarreno
    Options
    <--- for hire house cleaning $80 two bedrooms two bathrooms.
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I pay $165 every 2 weeks for "Premium" cleaning of my 2-story 2500+ sq foot 5 bd 3ba home. The premium service also includes extra stuff like wiping down walls/outlets, picking up toys, baseboards, dusting ceiling fans and all the stuff that isn't included in their basic cleaning package.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My friend charges $15.00 per hour.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My parents pay their maid $30 an hour, 8,000 square foot home + laundry.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Living Social deal for $90. 2 cleaners for 3 hours. Not sure I'd pay more than $100 or so 1x/month.