anybody try wii zumba??

Options
Just curious about how you like this...I'm thinking about getting it.

Replies

• ash2455
    Options
    YES! I love Wii Zumba! I have the first and second ones. The second is better because it records how many calories you burn. It is a really really good game, also great to play with the family and friends. I play with my family all the time that i forget im actually working out! Its really fun and definitely worth your money. I recommend it for everyone! :)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few people out there who rave about it... but personally, I didn't like it nearly as much as a class. Its just not as fun. That being said, I am not really a fan of doing videos at home either, so my judgement may not be the best to go by.
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    i have it and it is AMAZING!!! I love it it doesnt even feel like a workout (besides the sweat dripping down your back) and on my hrm i burn over 400 calories and hour doing zumba :) I highly recommend it plus the music is awesome!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    for a cheaper option why not pick up a copy of Just Dance or Just Dance 2 at the local hock shop (cash converters or whatever).

I love getting my exercise in group scenarios, whether it's dancing, zumba or even bootcamp, and absolutely LOATHE doing it at home by myself.

For $14, I actually LIKE doing Just Dance at home (In the 'Just Sweat' mode).

Zumba for Wii is new (as is Just Dance 3), so not available in secondhand stores yet and expensive! I figure by the time I am sick of the songs and routines on Just Dance 1 & 2, 3 and Zumba will be waiting for me at cashies for a fifth the price!

If money is no object however, go for it! just don't tell me cause I'll be jealous!

One more thing, I have Zumba DVDs which I don't do, cause I don't enjoy them enough. I think with the Wii, a lot of the fun is in trying to beat your high score, which you don't get with vids.

Ok, one more thing I just thought of. I'm in Australia, so, the middle of Summer, and we don't have air conditioning. So when I was doing Just Dance on Wii the other night, perfectly acceptable to strip down to my undies and dance away! unlike the local gym...
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    How does it "work" on the Wii? do you hold the controller etc? How does it know what you are doing?
    Sorry for the dumb questions!!!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    How does it "work" on the Wii? do you hold the controller etc? How does it know what you are doing?
    Sorry for the dumb questions!!!

It comes with a hip belt for the controller.

I want to get the game. I don't have the option of taking classes...but i don't mind doing videos. I have another workout/dance game for the Wii and LOVE it so I want to get Zumba at some point. I wouldn't mind getting Just Dance either.
  • Longbowgilly
    Options
    Is the belt on the large size? My hips are 45inches at the moment!:blushing:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Is the belt on the large size? My hips are 45inches at the moment!:blushing:

Ugh, I'm not sure. I *think* 50inches?? I had read it somewhere but now can't find where I read it.

But I know people say you can just put it in your pocket as well. That's what I do for a game that needs the thigh strap...Either I just hold it against my thigh when needed or I put it in my pocket.
  • CathyS205
    CathyS205 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love love love the first one! I am on the Expert level and can't get enough! I haven't seen or tried the second one yet, but I am happy with the one I have. I think the belt is 50", but I'm not sure.
  • kolyn75
    kolyn75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love love love it!! I have it and like it better than the classes because no one is looking at me. I don't really have all the moves down but I give it my best because I am by myself doing and not in a room full of people. I have tried the classes and they are fun as well but I prefer the Wii because when you are done you can hit the shower!! I really hope you enjoy it. I can't wait until I am able to move on to Zumba 2. :smooched: Also I think you burn a lot of calories it's just like anything you get out what you put in.
  • afawn
    afawn Posts: 12
    Options
    i like it on kinect, you dont have to hold anything,its awesome
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It is fun and a good workout (you can burn just about as many calories as in a class, maybe a little less), but not as fun as a real class.
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I loved it and so did my kids..

With that being said if you want to "try before you buy" Redbox offers it on Rental.. We put the remote in our pockets cause Redbox doesn't offer the belt.. that way if you don't like it you aren't out all that money...
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    yes and i love it.
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    I've got both the first and second one. I thought the first one was good until I got Zumba 2... but wow, Zumba 2 is AMAZING!!

It's an aweome and VERY enjoyable workout. I can easily do an hour session and burn around 600 calories (according my my heart rate monitor AND the game). It's hard work, but it's fun fun fun!
  • CiarraCA
    Options
    best game ever, got it for Christmas, love unlocking awards and receiving medals for my work, plus it keeps track of your time spent, weight, calories and everything. its great!
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not as much fun as a class, but it is fun :)
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of your comments. My kids got the kinect for Christmas, and we did get the Just Dance 2 game for the kinect. I have had a bad cold, so I haven't tried it yet. I have watched them play it though, and it does look like fun. Does anybody know if they make zumba for the Kinect? I do like the way you don't need a controler for it.
  • Longbowgilly
    Options
    OK Sold, I am going to get it when I get back to work and get paid!!

Do you experienced people think I should get the first one and work up to the second on or should I just get the second one straight away?
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    get it, get it, get it. doesnt seem like im working out at all. you find out your calorie burn, statistics it tracks for you, awards, points, you can even customize a workout for yourself, or do single songs. when i get bored and have time in between cooking, i put on a single song and its awesome. highly recommend it. only had it since xmas and my legs and butt feel like they are on fire from working out, but didnt even feel like i was working out.