exercise suggestions

Options
I want to lose weight without putting much effort. Normally on vacation I just lay in my bed watch t.v. and sitting down watching movies in the computer. Can you guys suggest any activity that would lose more calories than sitting down and laying down.
examples are walking in the mall or cleaning the house. I'm trying to think of alternatives but those are the only two I can think of.
Please don't give a suggestion that is too broad. ex walking.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    play air guitar
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ummm... why are you trying to lose weight if you don't want to put forth effort??
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    loosing weight requiers effort . 80% is what you eat so eat well and add some type of cardio in your day
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    loosing weight requiers effort . 80% is what you eat so eat well and add some type of cardio in your day

i'm taking baby steps. my effort is to stop laying down and sitting down. i'm already taking care of my food intake.
  • gigiangelique
    Options

i'm taking baby steps. my effort is to stop laying down and sitting down. i'm already taking care of my food intake.

get ankle/wrist weights and wear them around the house or when you go shopping that helps ;) keep up the good work
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight without putting much effort. Normally on vacation I just lay in my bed watch t.v. and sitting down watching movies in the computer. Can you guys suggest any activity that would lose more calories than sitting down and laying down.
    examples are walking in the mall or cleaning the house. I'm trying to think of alternatives but those are the only two I can think of.

Well, from what you're saying I'd suggest when you're lying on your bed to sit up, lie down, sit up, lie down...
    When sit to watch movies try to stand up, then sit down, then stand up...

In all seriousness though, if something such as "walking" is too broad of a suggestion, then I don't really know what to suggest. Anything other than sleeping is going to burn more calories than your current activity level.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Wavin' your hands in da air.
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    jumping jacks, squats, pushups while your watching tv??
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    moon walking
  • mattquit
    Options
    lol i do the air guitar and waving already lol. for the baby steps i do it too lol. i know that was suppose to be sarcastic but i do. i play xbox while on the treadmill

again for people this is a serious question. i know anything is better than sitting and laying down. i'm basically just doing this for support. isn't that what mfp is for? so please stop trolling
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    We all would love to find that pill but it doesn't exist - sorry.

Effort is what it takes - lots of it.
  • mattquit
    Options

get ankle/wrist weights and wear them around the house or when you go shopping that helps ;) keep up the good work

where can i get good weights? I use to have ones but i threw them out because they always fall off my leg and it pissed me off
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am a moderator here on MFP, who started with itsy bitsy baby steps and lost 36 pounds. More than that I found I was moving all the time.

This past year has been filled with a million excuses, and some good reasons, as to why I gained back some of my weight. Not ALL which is what would have happened in the past, plus 10!

How about you make a pact to do one thing for each commercial break. Hand weights, dancing, just walk around the house/apt, go get the mail. I even walked to the corner and back during a biggest loser show. I was friends with a girl on here and we made a dare!! LOL.

Make it fun and you will do better.

Good luck!!

** For those mocking or sarcastic posters-please help this young lady, or leave the thread alone.........Thanks Arewethereyet, MFP Moderator*****
  • mattquit
    Options

** For those mocking or sarcastic posters-please help this young lady, or leave the thread alone.........Thanks Arewethereyet, MFP Moderator*****

male lol ouch
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

male lol ouch
    That should tell you something right there...lol
  • crca7118
    Options
    Every commercial do jumping jacks, push ups, squats, plank - Put weights in different rooms and when you walk in them make yourself do 15 repetitions of a specific thing. Do push ups on the counters in your kitchen, off the desk. Do tricep dips off the bathtub,off the stairs. Take the stairs. Park far out in the parking lot or at the other end of the mall where you are headed to. Every time you eat make yourself walk around the block or run up and down the stairs before you open the refrigerator. Learn some yoga poses and practice them - Tree, downward dog, upward dog.. Lunges are always good. Mountain climbers. Bear walking, crab walking. Jumps/kicks - there is a ton of stuff you can do without any equipment. You can use milk jugs full of water as weights as well as soup cans if you don't have weights.
    Put your laundry away 1 piece at a time and keep it at the other end of the house.
    Take your groceries in 1 at a time. Walk to the store to get your groceries - Walk back with them. Walk to the post office to mail letters/bills. The list is endless :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    We have an xbox too and recently got the kinect sensor for it. I'm surprised how much of a workout I got by doing the kinect sports and there are tons of other fun fitness type games for it. Since you said you already have the xbox, maybe you could look into getting the kinect. It's a fun way to burn calories
  • mattquit
    Options
    We have an xbox too and recently got the kinect sensor for it. I'm surprised how much of a workout I got by doing the kinect sports and there are tons of other fun fitness type games for it. Since you said you already have the xbox, maybe you could look into getting the kinect. It's a fun way to burn calories

i got the just dance 3 in kinect and i get friends over so we can dance. its so boring if you dance alone. for the other games it's boring to play alone too. online only have people that are age 10 or below or people that are with their friends. super lonely when you play alone
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

male lol ouch

I am sorry. I dont have my glasses on and I was just moderating, saw this thread and wanted to quickly post. :blushing:

Young MAN!! :flowerforyou:
  • gigiangelique
    Options

where can i get good weights? I use to have ones but i threw them out because they always fall off my leg and it pissed me off

walmart/target/amazone