Apples

Options
Am I alone when I say I feel more hungry after I eat an apple... I like them but tend not to snack on them because of it. :ohwell:

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water with them and add pb! Also try eatin two of them instead of just one. If I only eat one without pb I'll still be hungry.
  • vivat_regina
    Options
    I spread on Almond Butter, & top with crunched up Fiber One Cereal. Fills me up.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    they fill me up..granny smiths are my crack, and i cant go 1 night without them..try a little pb, or almonds..good luck
  • ashjen1217
    ashjen1217 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have never even thought about peanut butter with apples. I'll give it a try!
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    Apples are the one thing I can eat that leaves my tummy unsettled. Not exactly upset, but almost a hungry like funky feeling. I've learned to not eat them plain anymore, but add a little peanut butter and they're perfect :)
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love granny smiths with pb.
    Also I hear cut up apples with cinnamon nuked are heavenly.
    But no,they do tend to fill me up pretty good.
  • ashjen1217
    ashjen1217 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oooooh...warm with cinnamon. That sounds oh-so-yummy!

So what kind of apples go best with peanut butter? I'm seeing a lot of votes for Granny Smith. Can you believe I've never tried one...
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I usually take 2 with me in the morning to work. Honey Crisp or Fuji.
  • ziggle_7
    ziggle_7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always eat apples with a little bit of nutella... yum!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love my apples with nut butter. I like crisper apples like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, and Pink Lady. My favorite nut butter would be raw cashew with the Target store-brand Archer Farms Almond, Cashew, Peanut Butter being a very close second.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    It's because of the high sugar content of the apples we have today.
    The old saying goes "An apple a day keeps the doctor away".
    Dr. James Carlson says "An apple a day and the doctor you will pay".
    Watch Dr. Carlson on YouTube.
    The apples we have today have been modified to contain more sugar.
    Cut back on high glycemic fruits like apples.
  • Joei5148
    Options
    I often eat lemons, but ill also take apples. Try putting lemon juice on them. just a little. It makes me feel fuller when I do.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast or post workout snack is: 100 calorie arnold multigrain thin bread, 1 T almond butter, thin sliced granny smith apples on top, a dusting of cinnamon then under the broiler for 10-15 seconds to lightly cook the apples and warm the almond butter. Heavenly! :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Fuji lately and there was another red apple I was eating a lot of about a year ago (can't remember the name, sorry). I definitely agree with the pb suggestion though. Sometimes I add cinnamon to the pb on my apples.

ziggle_7: nutella addition sounds great, I can't believe I haven't tried it yet!