liposuction

Options
HI there, just wondered if anyone had had lipo on their legs (thighs and or knees) and what their experience was.
I'm very tempted to have this done.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Well it's probably THE fastest way to get rid of fat. But how are you planning to keep it off?
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Well it's probably THE fastest way to get rid of fat. But how are you planning to keep it off?

Fantastic question and the most important!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I want to say that I read a news article somewhere about how the fat removed by liposuction is usually put back on...
    Let me see if I can find it – I'll post a link if I do.

This isn't the original article, but it is informative, and it does reference what I remember reading – when people gain weight after liposuction, the fat comes back in other places. For example, if you had the procedure done on your thighs, you might tend to build fat deposits in, say, your stomach or arms.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38312026/ns/health-skin_and_beauty/t/trimming-fat-when-lipo-works-when-it-doesnt/#.Tv5BRxxqIrg
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not against liposuction / other cosmetic surgeries if you have already lost the vast majority of the weight through eating and exercise and have established the habits that you will need to keep it off.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    No but I would like to have it on my backside to shape my butt since I don't have one. If it doesn't help itself by weight loss then I will go in for a consultation when I get my boobs done :) I say if you have lost all your weight and you still have problems areas then do it!! But not just to lose weight because it's pointless and it does and will come back if you gain weight!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I want to say that I read a news article somewhere about how the fat removed by liposuction is usually put back on...
    Let me see if I can find it – I'll post a link if I do.

This isn't the original article, but it is informative, and it does reference what I remember reading – when people gain weight after liposuction, the fat comes back in other places. For example, if you had the procedure done on your thighs, you might tend to build fat deposits in, say, your stomach or arms.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38312026/ns/health-skin_and_beauty/t/trimming-fat-when-lipo-works-when-it-doesnt/#.Tv5BRxxqIrg

That makes me wonder, what happens if you get lipo all over your body, or almost? Are you going to start building fat deposits in weird places like your forehead or the balls of your feet?
  • NeilsWifex
    Options
    I've always struggled with large legs.....even when I was a very very low weight I always had them and didn't help as I was bullied when I was younger for my thunder thighs.
    I eat very healthy and I'm am active mum so hope that once its gone I can maintain it. PLus I'm not wasting the money only to gain it back.
    My figure isn't bad, I'm a petite height at 5ft and a nice size 10, but I hate my legs with a passion.